Author Topic: Where can I get help for a coupla questions on Watson W-8681-PRO  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Hugh_Everett

In mid-September 2014 I commissioned my first ever weather station, a Watson W-8681-PRO. While generally delighted with it, I have spotted a couple of anomalies. But I don't know whether they're related to the weather station itself or to the Wunderground network to which I'm feeding my data.

• Do you know where I can go to ask technical questions explicitly for the W-8681-PRO ?
  • I list my questions below; can you help advise where the solution might be found ?
  • I've done all I can to set it up so that Metric measurements are used (Celsius and mm, for example). But occasionally (once or twice a week ?) the Wunderground web-page shows me a Fahrenheit reading with °C following - eg 55°C when it means 13°C. That issue also extends to the Weather History Graphs further down the page. I think it's a Wunderground issue - has anyone met that before ?
  • This morning at 03:54 GMT (local time), the Dew point shows a sudden dip to -23°C, before returning to the more normal +3°C. Is this likely to be a weather station problem my end, or a Wunderground problem ? And can I remove/correct the records ? Has anyone any comments ?

If it helps, here is my weather station: http://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IENGLAND733

Thank you.

Offline geofb13

• Contributor
Re: Where can I get help for a coupla questions on Watson W-8681-PRO
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »
From a quick google search it looks like there has been some talk about that model over on the Sandysoft forum. However, that's all I see and to be fair most of it is linked to the Cumulus software.

If you want to check it out, just pop the following into Google: Watson W-8681-PRO site:sandaysoft.com

For your temperature readings I've not seen that problem with some of the local stations that I look at around here all of which report in metric.

I'm sure someone with some more experience with Weatherunderground might be able to help/add some more information for you.

anything