Author Topic: Oregon Scientific WMR300 compatibility?  (Read 3039 times)

Offline dan43

• Central Port Coquitlam, BC Weather
Oregon Scientific WMR300 compatibility?
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:08:16 PM »
Hi, I just purchased an Oregon Scientific WMR300, and wanted to know specifically if it's compatible with Virtual Weather Station software.  Although it's not specifically listed in the compatible stations, it does say, "Oregon Scientific Professional Weather Station".  Is this the same thing?

Offline dan43

Re: Oregon Scientific WMR300 compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 06:16:40 PM »
Can anyone answer this for me before I get my expectations up too high?  Thanks again!

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 07:25:45 AM »
You should ask Ed @ Ambient Weather. He is the author of VWS and responds quickly to emails.

Offline dan43

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 01:28:13 PM »
I thought that by posting in this forum for VWS someone (likely this Ed person) would see that I had a question and possibly offer me some knowledge. How do I get in touch with him directly? I followed the link on ambientweather.com to get here. I thought I was doing everything necessary to reach an expert. Any ideas?

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 02:10:35 PM »
"I thought that by posting in this forum for VWS someone (likely this Ed person) would see that I had a question and possibly offer me some knowledge." Reasonable supposition, however, you will find that in this unique field most of the best vendors and software authors run a business with about half the number of employees as your average Mom and Pop store and they don't have the time to monitor all the various forums. Try support@AmbientWeather.com .

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2016, 03:30:37 PM »
For future reference, as far as I know, Ed (from Ambient) does not visit nor has he ever been a member of this forum. The only way to contact him is via phone or email, as George has indicated above.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline dan43

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 11:34:13 AM »
Ok, taking a wild shot in the dark, a couple of days ago I sent an email to both ed@ambientweather.com (which did not come back as undeliverable), and to support@ambientweather.com as suggested, and I haven't heard a peep from either.

I bought Virtual Weather Station a few years ago and have been a loyal user since then.  I pretty much know the software like the back of my hand now and used it to create all sorts of different weather pages in the past.

Since I now have a WMR300, I am desperate for it to work with VWS.  Other weather station software out there just doesn't cut it for me and I'd really like it to work with my new station.

I don't really want to change software, I just need someone to write a piece of code that will include the WMR300 and I'll be off to the races.  I guess because the hardware is so new that nothing exists for it yet, but how long would it take to create support for it?

(If you could see me down on my hands and knees pleading for WMR300 support, you'd laugh your a** off) LOL!!!!

Thanks to anyone who can help...  If you can't provide support yourself, could you kindly send a link to this thread to someone who can, if you know to whom to send it?

Thank you so much... looking forward to using VWS again!

Offline dan43

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 01:03:56 PM »
Well, it's been more than 120 days since my last post in this topic.  Is there any update or progress being made on WMR300 compatibility?

Does anyone else out there have a WMR300 experiencing the same frustration I am?

anything