Author Topic: Simplest way to get indoor temp and humidity readings online?  (Read 3471 times)

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
Simplest way to get indoor temp and humidity readings online?
« on: October 21, 2017, 12:10:51 PM »
I understand wunderground doesn't display indoor info.  I've had a search around and as far as I can tell it seems that the console doesn't actually send that more personal data to WG.  I'd quite like to be able to see what is going on inside the house when I'm away.  I'm no web guru and don't even have my own website.  I suppose I could create one for this purpose, but how do I persuade the console to 'fess up'?  :-)   Can anyone recommend any cheap or free (and simple to understand!) software for this job?  Or is there an easier way to do this? 

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Simplest way to get indoor temp and humidity readings online?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 01:42:00 PM »
Probably the cheapest/easiest way it to get a wifi temp/hum thermostat.  15 bucks and accessible through smartphone apps etc.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:25:04 PM »
Earlier this year I did a wireshark capture of the data packets that is being sent to WU.

GET /weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php?ID=X&PASSWORD=x&tempf=84.1&humidity=75&dewptf=76.3&windchillf=81.1&winddir=99&windspeedmph=0.00&windgustmph=0.00&rainin=0.00&dailyrainin=0.00&weeklyrainin=0.00&monthlyrainin=0.00&yearlyrainin=23.54&solarradiation=33.56&UV=0&indoortempf=84.2&indoorhumidity=72&baromin=30.03&lowbatt=0&dateutc=2017-7-8%200:40:17&softwaretype=Weather%20logger%20V3.0.8&action=updateraw&realtime=1&rtfreq=5 HTTP/1.0
Accept: */*
Host: 192.168.1.63
Connection: Close

Indoor temp and humidity are being sent, what they do with it is a mystery  :eek:.
BTW, my indoor sensor was outside on my porch, hence the high temp.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:28:53 PM by dupreezd »
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline railrode1

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 06:26:45 PM »
Ambient Weather.Net will show you your indoor temp/ humidity if you have a internet connected station.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
wundergorund does display indoor temp and humidity if you download the WunderStation app

Offline Garagedude

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 09:06:47 PM »
I just mount the inside sensor next to my indoor thermostat and read it on my phone with the AW app, simple to use

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
I just mount the inside sensor next to my indoor thermostat and read it on my phone with the AW app, simple to use

That is what I do with my Acurite system.  Of course the transmitters are large and if you want anything special (motion detection etc.) you need another system.  But MyAcurite is just fine  for limited remote indoor monitor (actually, with the new Acurite system you can detect water leaks etc.)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 03:25:07 PM »
I like the idea of using Ambient.net but so far it just says that it doesn't have any live data yet.  I may have missed something, I  registered which was accepted then it just asks for your MAC number which I got from the console. What am I doing wrong?  I am already sending data to wunderground so perhaps I can't do both at once?

Offline Transporterman

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 06:01:46 PM »
It seems that as it is a licensed clone (which is all you can buy in the UK) they won't accept accept it.   ](*,)

anything