Author Topic: Atlas on Amazon  (Read 10551 times)

Offline weatherc

• Senior Contributor
Re: Atlas on Amazon
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2017, 08:20:15 AM »
I have a VP2, soon 10y, in the north European winters (humidity stays basicly at 100% for months, temp jojo's between wet and frozen etc) and only pieces replaced are the temp/hum-sensor and rainpot reedswitch.  8-)

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2017, 07:35:53 PM »
Acurite Deleted the Amazon Post at Acurite Forums but Amazon still shows the Atlas Elite at $599, but this will disappear pretty soon too...............

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2017, 04:11:44 PM »
I've missed a lot of stuff while I have been dealing with remodeling my house. I hope to keep updated from now on! The pricing is higher than I expected if those are reality.

Offline railrode1

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »
I agree. It's not worth the money untill it's proven reliability. A higher price can be expected on a products debut. I'm going to wait till next year on this one, since my Ambient 1001 is working fine so far. Except for it turning yellow as they all do.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline Brandon

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2017, 09:52:31 PM »
I can't see anything on Amazon anymore they must have deleted it. Would have been interesting to see  ](*,)
Davis Vantage Vue - VIC, AUS
Weather Station Advisor

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2017, 09:07:34 AM »

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 10:07:30 AM »
Bump

New pictures and updated stuff posted on Amazon!

$199.11 - AcuRite Atlas Remote Monitoring
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XK4BSN/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IYMOKVOU6OIQ0&colid=MUG0SDO321YO

AcuRite Atlas with Indoor HD Touch Screen Display
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XK7GRQ/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=IAG5RT904PQVA&colid=MUG0SDO321YO

AcuRite Atlas with Lightning Detection https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074XKB239/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I5K2SC1HCQXGH&colid=MUG0SDO321YO

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 10:24:26 AM »
The new HD display shown with the Atlas has two improvements that I can see over the old HD display-- temps are reported in tenths, and indoor data is shown on main page. Definitely improvements to their old HD display. (Also lumens and UV are shown which the 5 in 1 didn't measure).

This Amazon listing must be in advance of release-- Acurite couldn't make the same mistake twice in listing erroneously. (Or could they?)

And of course the other big question is: What about the Atlas Elite?

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 11:06:46 AM »
The smarthub looks new and completely different than the existing one. It doesn’t appear any of the current stuff (Smarthub, HD Display) is going to be compatible with the new Atlas line.

I won’t be upgrading to the Atlas line if I can’t use my existing smarthub and HD display. I'll wait until my 5-N-1 dies.

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 02:28:41 PM »
Cool! Some nice pics of the complete setups...and a little information on pricing.

That new display is really sharp looking.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2017, 02:30:25 PM »
And temporarily unavailable.  Chaney blew it - Black Friday/Cyber Monday is gone and so is there Christmas season.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2017, 02:37:37 PM »
I suspect this latest posting on Amazon is just another unintended screw up by someone at Acurite. Their employee,  AcuRite Rachell, just posted this on their company forum an hour ago: "At this time we have no further information to release on the Atlas system. When we have more information we will update our users on the community forum. Thank you."
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline dupreezd

• Forecaster
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2017, 02:59:32 PM »
"another unintended screw up" translation = "carrot on a stick"  :shock:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:31:54 PM by dupreezd »
Davis VP2 6163 | WiFi Logger
CWOP - FW0717
Blitzortung 2100

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2017, 06:10:23 PM »
The smarthub looks new and completely different than the existing one. It doesn’t appear any of the current stuff (Smarthub, HD Display) is going to be compatible with the new Atlas line.

I won’t be upgrading to the Atlas line if I can’t use my existing smarthub and HD display. I'll wait until my 5-N-1 dies.

I'll go further than that as I'm invested in Two HD Displays, if the 5-in-1 goes TU, I'll buy another 5-in-1 Sensor, they are Chinese cheap anyways. Now if the HD Displays goes TU, I'm done with Acurite. This is FUBARed beyond belief if the current HD Displays are not combatible with the Atlas 7/8 :evil:..................

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 06:27:21 PM »
I'm just going to leave this Google find right here, with a footnote that they have nothing about the Elite in their staged knowledge base web site as of today.....

https://kbase-staging.myacurite.com/web/content/monitor/sensors/atlas-weather-station.htm?tocpath=Monitoring%7CYour%20Dashboard%7C_____1
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2017, 06:47:31 PM »
I'm just going to leave this Google find right here, with a footnote that they have nothing about the Elite in their staged knowledge base web site as of today.....

https://kbase-staging.myacurite.com/web/content/monitor/sensors/atlas-weather-station.htm?tocpath=Monitoring%7CYour%20Dashboard%7C_____1

That's funny, why are they ( Acurite ) showing a 5-in-1?...............

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2017, 07:33:06 PM »
That's funny, why are they ( Acurite ) showing a 5-in-1?...............

This is apparently a staging web site for the MyAcuRite web help files.  They are apparently showing all known devices for their next MyAcuRite release, which will support the Atlas (not the Atlas Elite) and the older sensors.  Not seeing the Elite in the staged help screens or the spy photos from Chaney HQ a few months ago tells me not to hold my breath for the Elite any time soon.  Note that the batch of Amazon "leaks" posted today were missing the Elite.

If you read a little bit deeper, you will see that they are claiming that the new Atlas will talk with the old smartHUB, in addition to the new 7-device "AcuRite Access" hub.  The second and third paragraphs conflict about whether PC Connect would be supported for the Atlas, and there's a note in another part of the site that PC Connect will not work with the new consoles.  Do they even have USB?

Having some experience decoding the Acu-Rite over-the-air protocol, seeing that the new Atlas sensors are working on the same 433Mhz frequency as the current 5-in-1 hardware does not guarantee Atlas compatibility with the older consoles.  At least from this documentation, it looks like your best case would be re-using your smartHUB if replacing a 5-in-1.  I highly doubt that the current consoles will understand the new Atlas packet types, especially the wonky wind direction scheme if the Atlas does more than 16-point readings and actually reads true degree directions.....

Offline vreihen

• El Niño chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 07:40:15 PM »
It also bears noting that the Elite's writeup on Amazon claims significantly improved radio range, and wifi included in the console for retrieving weather forecasts from MyAcuRite for local display.  This would imply that the Elite has a built-in bridge/hub, and probably won't be radio-compatible with the 5-in-1 or the regular Atlas models when they are released.  If I'm correct and this all verifies, they are seriously far away from having a shippable Elite station right now.....

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2017, 07:58:21 PM »
It also bears noting that the Elite's writeup on Amazon claims significantly improved radio range, and wifi included in the console for retrieving weather forecasts from MyAcuRite for local display.  This would imply that the Elite has a built-in bridge/hub, and probably won't be radio-compatible with the 5-in-1 or the regular Atlas models when they are released.  If I'm correct and this all verifies, they are seriously far away from having a shippable Elite station right now.....

The Atlas Elite will be using a different frequency than the Atlas and previous Acurite products.

I'm not sure I understand why you think it would make it "seriously far away", though.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:04 PM »

I'll go further than that as I'm invested in Two HD Displays, if the 5-in-1 goes TU, I'll buy another 5-in-1 Sensor, they are Chinese cheap anyways. Now if the HD Displays goes TU, I'm done with Acurite. This is FUBARed beyond belief if the current HD Displays are not combatible with the Atlas 7/8 :evil:..................

As far as I'm aware, Acurite has never deployed an "upgradeable" display between models.

I'm not sure why you would expect that to change.  I guess it could, but given that there seems to be no way for a user to upgrade the firmware in the displays, how would they deploy such an upgrade?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 08:25:43 PM »
Well, far away since nothing has even passed FCC OET certification.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 08:50:01 PM »

You put too much faith in those databases.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »
I suspect this latest posting on Amazon is just another unintended screw up by someone at Acurite. Their employee,  AcuRite Rachell, just posted this on their company forum an hour ago: "At this time we have no further information to release on the Atlas system. When we have more information we will update our users on the community forum. Thank you."

I'm not sure the postings on Amazon have anything to do with Acurite.  The product details always say "sold by Amazon."

I've always assumed that meant Amazon is a reseller.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »

Of course it is totally legal to sell devices that do not have FCC approval.  LOL

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2017, 10:31:45 PM »

Of course it is totally legal to sell devices that do not have FCC approval.  LOL

"FCC approval" doesn't mean the public databases are up-to-date.

There are also changes the FCC has made in the past few years, such as making a "Declaration of Conformity" all that is necessary in some cases.  I don't know the details on that, but I have noticed I'm getting more and more gadgets with such statements in their documentation over the past few years.

anything