Author Topic: WL WindSpeedHistory (etc) graphics scaling  (Read 1254 times)

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
WL WindSpeedHistory (etc) graphics scaling
« on: January 06, 2011, 11:36:29 AM »
I decided a NEW thread was more appropriate after reading the informative topic "WL bulletin open for wind gust accurate?" post at http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=9619.0.

Still tinkering with WL to get the feel for how to set up my website.  Now running a re-tasked laptop with Bulletin and StripChart running 24x7 (lid closed) and uploading to my personal site every 15 minutes.

(Pardon if I use incorrect TAGS and FileNames.  I am not in front of my WL server.)  I had the default "HiWindSpeed" history graphic in the template, but (of course) there hasn't been much wind since installing my ISS, so there hasn't been a lot of data.  I noticed that the high-wind-speed and time tag was correct, but the history graphic maxed out the vertical scale at 1.0mph, blowing the graph off the chart if the high wind was anything higher.  I tried 1-day and 3-day charts with the same result.  I tried the WindRunHistory which has a max scale of 0.5mph no matter the actual wind situation.  I have noticed that WL scales the graphics for other histories (such as total rain) when necessary.

Does anyone have experience with this situation?  I am wondering if since it has been mostly "zero wind" with a few gusts of 2-3mph is it trying to just scale the entire chart across the datapoints?  I suppose I could just wait for some windy days to see if the scale changes, but when playing with my new toy (and boring weather lately) it is like watching a kettle boil.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

anything