Author Topic: Acu-rite 1025 (newbie questions)  (Read 5115 times)

Offline dunda

Acu-rite 1025 (newbie questions)
« on: April 03, 2012, 01:01:01 AM »
I want to buy Acu-rite 1025 weather station (and Acu-link internet bridge later - when it will available).

I have same questions:
1. Acu-link is compatible with 1025? So, if I buy 1025 (or 1525) now, I can add Acu-link internet bridge later?
2. PC Connect with 1025 - is available any Linux support? Linux is very suitable for sending data ... it can be very small unit with small consumption.
3. I'm from Europe - does this device have European power supply (220V)?
4. How can I publish my data on my web page? I understand acu-link web page, but I want to have my weather data on my web page? How can I do that?

Thank you for your time.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
Re: Acu-rite 1025 (newbie questions)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 02:40:29 AM »
Hi
a low spec net PC running W7 is low power consumption
Acu rite have a web page for your data
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline dunda

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 02:54:15 AM »
Hi
a low spec net PC running W7 is low power consumption
Acu rite have a web page for your data

Thank you for your answer.
I don't know how Aculink looks (well just a little). So if I understand, I can have a public page on aculink, where everyone browsing can see my weather data?
Can I put data to my page?

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 03:21:47 AM »
So if I understand, I can have a public page on aculink, where everyone browsing can see my weather data?
yes

and you can set the acu rite server to update to wunderground

also there is a 3rd party program that enables you to create your own web page and update to other places (like weather for you, etc)
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline dunda

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 03:39:55 AM »
Thanks ...  :-P

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2012, 07:25:57 AM »
3. I'm from Europe - does this device have European power supply (220V)?

I believe all of the consoles run on batteries, so the power supply is optional.

However, if I recall other posts here correctly, the radio link between the sensor unit and console is not certified for sale or use in Europe.  I will let Rhino chime in to clarify if I am wrong?????
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline dunda

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 12:37:39 AM »
So if I understand, I can have a public page on aculink, where everyone browsing can see my weather data?
yes
and you can set the acu rite server to update to wunderground
also there is a 3rd party program that enables you to create your own web page and update to other places (like weather for you, etc)

1. I searched for some minutes, but I didn't find any web page samples with Acu-rite ... do you have any?
I want to see how visitor (not the owner) see the weather data on Acu-link.com ...

2. Let take, that Acu-rite close Acu-link.com in the future (for example). Will Acu-rite owners still be able to sending weather data to some web page? How?

Sorry - I'm a noob.  #-o

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:44 AM »
Hi there- let me see if I can answer your questions.

First off, using ONLY acu-link.com, you cannot create a public page really, you would need any specific visitors to have your MAC address to your bridge/USB console. They could then create their own account on www.acu-link.com, and choose to "follow my friend's bridge" menu option and enter your MAC address and location. You, as the owner of the product, also have the ability to show and hide what your friend s can see as well- each individual widget has a sharing option under settings. This is all done for privacy's sake and to lessen the burden on the server, allowing for more frequent updates from all the devices.

Here is a link to our website that shows what the web page looks like: http://www.acurite.com/mybackyardweather

Really, the easiest way to share your weather publicly, is to choose the "Share My Bridge" menu option to stream your weather data over to weather underground (wunderground.com). This would allow anyone and everyone view your weather information easily. We felt that weather underground already did such a great job of displaying public weather information, we would focus on other features and simply provide a way to share the info with external sites. Makes for a more dynamic product with more flexibility.

I would advise you to check into your local laws and regulations regarding radio frequencies in your country, but technically speaking our RF will work anywhere of course. The packaged adapter is intended for U.S., but I'm sure you could find some sort of universal adapter for use in your country (output should be 4.5v DC 250mA with a positive tip).

I hope this answers your questions! Thanks!