Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184200 times)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #700 on: June 25, 2018, 08:50:32 AM »
Same here. I refuse to do direct FTP, because I upload the image to my own website. The camera doesn't support two different FTP transfers.

Same here, and still a No on the status.
The Bloomsky however is different.

Trying to enjoy,
Paul

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #701 on: June 25, 2018, 08:51:10 AM »
ditto. It was a good week

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #702 on: June 25, 2018, 09:16:37 AM »
Yup, mine is dead again, too.   I won't be doing FTP, either, for my image.  I'll wait and see what happens.  It will take them asking for me to resubmit my camera again...I'm tired of begging.  Just for giggles I just checked my "replacement" should I decide to pull my data...it's only six degrees higher than it should be.  The second runner-up is coming in at roughly eight degrees higher.  Today the forecast is for 96F...those two stations will be well over 100F.  No frowny face, no harsh words for WU, just frustration and getting tired of their instability/unreliability. 

And, on a more serious note....where is William in all of this???  His absence is very suspicious.  After years and years of being the mouth of WU William disappears without saying "Goodbye"???  Replaced by people with funky names that show up and then disappear themselves??? I'm thinking of filing a missing-persons report.  I think this is all a big cover-up.  Shoot, William could've been working with the CIA or CIAO' or one of those other acronyms.  I think they need to drain Lake Kensico and look for him...

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline gardengrub

• KNEVALPA2
« Reply #703 on: June 25, 2018, 10:08:21 AM »
Same experience here.  URL upload worked from June 19-23 and has been down since.

It looks like Webcams via URL are broken again. Mine (WU_54013CAM2) worked about a day, after the last fix, and now I see that many are absent, once again, on the map. Webcams via FTP seem to be stable.

Same here. I refuse to do direct FTP, because I upload the image to my own website. The camera doesn't support two different FTP transfers.

Maybe IBM can get "Watson" to fix the webcam image fetch problem.... 

Greg H.

Offline KyWxWinchester

« Reply #704 on: June 25, 2018, 01:41:39 PM »
I have also been experiencing the same issue with Wundermap that others have reported in this thread: blank area where the map should render with the message: "Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS."  Chrome 67.0.3396.87 (64-bit). Tried clearing cache, incognito mode, add-ons disabled, etc.
--Pete

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #705 on: June 26, 2018, 06:59:12 PM »
We continue to make tweaks to the Webcam URL upload.  This has been a tough one to iron out; thanks for sticking with us.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:04:27 PM by WunderTodd (PWS PM) »

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #706 on: June 26, 2018, 07:59:04 PM »
Haven't posted much here in a long time but I've noticed the oops we have a error message a lot since last night, and for some reason Acurite 5 in 1 stations appear to not show rainfall rate when they do load.
My station on two displays show a rate during storms but nothing on Wunderground. Other non Acurite stations appear to be showing all the info. Might be a issue between Wunderground and the Acurite servers along with the upgrade issues. I still have my Gold Star and the graphs have looked complete for a while.
Must be fun trying to get everyone playing nice again when everyone uses different ways to get the info loaded in.

Wunderground is reporting today that the precipitation rate plotting problem is "temporarily" fixed.

I guess for a "permanent" fix they want Acurite to direct data to a different hostname than they've been using in the past.

I've no clue why that would only affect precipitation rate.   :?

Offline Jaeger

« Reply #707 on: June 27, 2018, 08:57:10 AM »
Hi,

Here are my WU PWS issues; they may have been covered before, but I couldn't see them on the Trello page.

* Cannot delete (bad) data.  It looks like it has worked - until you refresh/reload the page.
(See the comments at:  https://www.wunderground.com/blog/PWSmet/how-to-delete-bad-pws-data.html )

* Email notifications e.g. "station is not reporting" are no longer sent (= more bad data that can't be deleted.)

* Mapbox on the PWS page shows precipitation values as a huge integer, not the actual value.  (It used to display precipitation in centimetres - an odd unit, but at least human readable.)

* The first graph displays Temperature and Dew Point - but not Humidity.  I have seen it display all three before!

Any help to resolve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #708 on: June 27, 2018, 09:51:53 AM »
Looks like my cam updated 14 hours ago....

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #709 on: June 27, 2018, 10:25:55 AM »

After the posts by WunderTodd I continue to be patient and not edit the status and just leaving it as No.

Paul

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #710 on: June 27, 2018, 02:04:54 PM »
I noticed heat index is not working on dash board.     

100.6 °F
Feels Like 100.6 °F

but it works on forecast section

101  F
FEELS LIKE 109

minor stuff really     all good otherwise

KTXTHALI2
Davis Vantage Pro2 plus     Meteobridge

CWOP FW5142    PWS THAI817    MADIS F5142
WU KTXTHALI2    AWEKAS           weatherobs

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #711 on: June 28, 2018, 02:26:50 PM »
One of my stations on WU (KILWHEAT17) is reporting zero degrees, and it is June in Chicago! The uploads to CWOP and other sites all work perfectly (about 85 degrees) and WU shows spikes of zero dewpoint and other issues. Something is seriously wrong and my station has been doing fine on WU, until today!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #712 on: June 29, 2018, 10:54:23 AM »
looks like feels like temp is working on dashboard

on forecast, sun set and rise are off and tomorrow show be about 23 seconds shorter

Actual Time6:30 AM 8:43 PM

Tomorrow will be 0 minutes 59 seconds longer

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #713 on: June 29, 2018, 09:03:59 PM »
nope feels like is not right on dash board

Offline johnashp

• Fuente Meca, Spain PWS
Forecast link from my PWS page not working
« Reply #714 on: July 01, 2018, 04:58:33 AM »
The link from my PWS page to the forecast does not work. It does not work from other local PWSs I've tried, and when I try and search for my PWS, nothing happens. Here's the link to my forecast
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/es/fuente-de-meca/IREGINDE83?cm_ven=pwsdash_cityforecast

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
Re: Forecast link from my PWS page not working
« Reply #715 on: July 01, 2018, 09:34:11 AM »
I wonder if it is a regional thing. My US based station is working fine. They might be using a different server system for Europe.

The link from my PWS page to the forecast does not work. It does not work from other local PWSs I've tried, and when I try and search for my PWS, nothing happens. Here's the link to my forecast
https://www.wunderground.com/weather/es/fuente-de-meca/IREGINDE83?cm_ven=pwsdash_cityforecast

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #716 on: July 01, 2018, 11:14:25 AM »
I commented out my WU feed for 30-days until Jul 1st...just to see how it goes.  FOMO may get the better of me though.  :lol:

Just restarted my station upload to WU after pulling the plug on it for the month of June.  Had no issues for the month using other sites - I only really missed the map of surrounding sites, but I used it anyway even though my site wasn't there.  The WU site started reporting without issue and I reset the Status message - no problem.  Maybe it's getting better...you wouldn't know it from the conversation.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 11:17:56 AM by konz »

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #717 on: July 01, 2018, 02:03:35 PM »
feels like is working right on dashboard but

Tomorrow will be 0 minutes 52 seconds longer    is not right.   it should say something like tomorrow will be 0 minutes 32 seconds  shorter     

course the earth could have shifted on it's axis, but I am betting its software. 

Offline jgspears

« Reply #718 on: July 02, 2018, 01:58:34 PM »
Getting Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS when trying to view Wundermap.  I am using Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) which I believe is the current general release version.

Also, I do no get the error with Chrome Beta Version 68.0.3440.42 (Official Build) beta (64-bit) or with Google Chrome Canary Version 69.0.3479.0 (Official Build) canary (64-bit)

I do not get the error when using Firefox (current version).

Offline WunderTodd (PWS PM)

• Here to listen
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #719 on: July 02, 2018, 03:48:57 PM »
Astronomy data is having some issues -- engineers are working on a fix.

Missing Mapbox GL JS CSS has also been an issue -- engineers are working on that too.

Appreciate your patience.

Offline antstrafer

• Contributor
« Reply #720 on: July 02, 2018, 03:58:34 PM »
Astronomy data is having some issues -- engineers are working on a fix.
snip

glad to hear it   thanks

Offline johnashp

• Fuente Meca, Spain PWS
Re: Forecast link from my PWS page not working
« Reply #721 on: July 03, 2018, 12:34:10 PM »
Thanks for the insight. It might well have been. This has been "fixed" in that the forecast link from my PWS page does take you to a forecast for this area but, at the top, is another PWS (in the centre of town, or so he claims!) rather than mine! I hope this is fixed too.

I wonder if it is a regional thing. My US based station is working fine. They might be using a different server system for Europe.

Offline railrode1

« Reply #722 on: July 04, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
Ok, Now when I click on a station from the Wundermap, The station summary box comes up with the station ID. When clicking on the station ID in that box, It takes me to the station's forecast page rather than the station as it did in the past.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline benay ra'am

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #723 on: July 04, 2018, 09:40:07 PM »
Ok, Now when I click on a station from the Wundermap, The station summary box comes up with the station ID. When clicking on the station ID in that box, It takes me to the station's forecast page rather than the station as it did in the past.

Same with me too, also Wundermap is real slow to load....................

CoCoRaHS: NC-JH-80

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #724 on: July 06, 2018, 08:39:11 AM »
Probably just need to be a little more patient. A human approves the cameras and probably gets to it once a week or so.  Resubmitting will cause it to go though the process again
 We continue to make tweaks to the Webcam URL upload.  This has been a tough one to iron out; thanks for sticking with us.   « Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:04:27 PM by WunderTodd (PWS PM) »
Still being patient and haven't tried to reactivate.
Paul

anything