Author Topic: Alternative Dashboard 4.20  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Merc41

• Leesville Reservoir and surrounding area.
Alternative Dashboard 4.20
« on: December 23, 2010, 03:35:19 PM »
Hi Everyone

After spending hours and hours attempting to upgrade this to the version 5 then 6 dashboards with no luck, I decided to at least see if I could make my 4.20 verison look different.

My main concern now is changing some of the color schemes in order to see them better. I have been searching and searching with no luck so far and have come here to plead my case  :grin:

Under the UV Forcast section of the main display, it shows the date, and the level of UV and then there is the actual uv number, in my case shown in red. My question, HOW do I change that color to one that can be seen easily?

Thanks
Mark

Offline Merc41

Re: Alternative Dashboard 4.20
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 05:13:53 PM »
Well after a long while of hunting, I found the answer myself. Here is where it is if you have the same problems:

In the weather-screen-black-wide.css file AND/OR weather-screen-black-narrow.css, you change the color.

Code: [Select]
#main-copy a {
  color: #663300;
  background-color: transparent;
  text-decoration: underline;

I changed it to a beautiful shade of blue  :-|

Mark
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 07:42:04 PM by Merc41 »

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 10:18:01 PM »
Hi Mark,

Just wanted to drop a note here to let you and other know that that my alternative dashboard is only a single page replacement for Ken's Ajax script.  All the main functions of the site are all part of Ken's script.  That is why there is no documentation for things like that (CSS formatting etc) in the alternative dashboard script. 

Ken and many others have all worked very hard on those scripts and did a great job of putting up many helpful files on setup on his site.  Anyone wanting to use my alternative dashboard version needs to get the main script up and running first then it's much easier to add in the replacement dashboard!

Hope that helps those still struggling with it!

Scott
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline Merc41

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 09:22:35 AM »
Hi Scott

Oh I agree 100% as I doubt very seriously anyone would be able to get any alternative page working without first getting the original scripts working. I definitely have found this out to be true.

I had Ken's original script up and running before I added your alternative dashboard 4.20. It worked great "right out of the box" so to speak.

I would like to eventually get 6.02 running. I love the dashboard layout.

Thanks Scott

Mark

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 03:30:12 PM »
Hi Scott

Oh I agree 100% as I doubt very seriously anyone would be able to get any alternative page working without first getting the original scripts working. I definitely have found this out to be true.

I had Ken's original script up and running before I added your alternative dashboard 4.20. It worked great "right out of the box" so to speak.

I would like to eventually get 6.02 running. I love the dashboard layout.

Thanks Scott

Mark

Hey Mark.

Biggestest challenge with 5 and 6 is to get the new version of ajaxWDwx.js working.  It doesn't play nicely with outher java scripts so it's hard to do.  I basically had to remove all my other java first then slowly add them back in one at a time to find the ones that didn't work with it.

Scott
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Offline Merc41

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:29:47 PM »
Hey Mark.

Biggestest challenge with 5 and 6 is to get the new version of ajaxWDwx.js working.  It doesn't play nicely with outher java scripts so it's hard to do.  I basically had to remove all my other java first then slowly add them back in one at a time to find the ones that didn't work with it.

I may have to give that a shot Scott. Thanks for the tip. I am off all week so have plenty of time to "play". It is definitely a bear though, have spent a total of about 12 hours on the upgrades...guess I need to spend another 12,  \:D/ \:D/

Mark

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2010, 07:45:00 AM »
Hey Mark.

I may have to give that a shot Scott. Thanks for the tip. I am off all week so have plenty of time to "play". It is definitely a bear though, have spent a total of about 12 hours on the upgrades...guess I need to spend another 12,  \:D/ \:D/

Mark

Yeah it was a fun time (toothache fun) but I guess it was worth it in the end for me to get the extra stuff!  Good Luck! (oh and enjoy! :)   )

Scott

Offline Merc41

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2010, 10:56:31 PM »
Thanks Scott....I am sure I will have a million questions.  :lol:

anything