Author Topic: Cumulus will not connect  (Read 3767 times)

Offline soxfan2k4

Cumulus will not connect
« on: May 05, 2017, 04:22:49 PM »
So I've replaced the machine my Davis VantagePro2 is on, and now I cant get Cumulus to connect.  It keeps giving me a -32701 error.  I have already configured the station, the best of my knowledge, and I'm pretty sure I need another piece of software to set a virtual serial connection, but I cant remember what it is.  Can anyone assist?

Windows 7x64

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
Re: Cumulus will not connect
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
check in the weather link install location, in the utilities folder, for the conversion program to run, to set to virtual serial port instead of USB express mode

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:45 PM »
What Weatherlink directory?  I dont have one

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »
weather link software comes with your davis data logger

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2017, 05:08:10 PM »
Son of a.........  I dont think I have that disk anymore................

Offline waiukuweather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2017, 05:13:39 PM »
you might be able to download it from the davis web site

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2017, 06:58:02 PM »

This Cumulus FAQ may be helpful
I get error -32710 with Cumulus and my USB Davis stationThe USB support in the Davis DLL which Cumulus uses doesn't seem to work. You need to use the CP210X USB/serial software which Davis supply, and use the station in serial mode. If you have previously been using your station with Weatherlink in USB mode, you will need to change to serial mode in Weatherlink before you can use the station with Cumulus. You can do this using this utility from Davis. See also this FAQ entry - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#How_do_I_get_my_Davis_station_with_USB_working_with_Cumulus.3F

Also keep in mind that only one instance of the Cumulus program can be running at the same time so make sure it isn't already running in the background.

Paul

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2017, 07:50:21 PM »

This Cumulus FAQ may be helpful
I get error -32710 with Cumulus and my USB Davis stationThe USB support in the Davis DLL which Cumulus uses doesn't seem to work. You need to use the CP210X USB/serial software which Davis supply, and use the station in serial mode. If you have previously been using your station with Weatherlink in USB mode, you will need to change to serial mode in Weatherlink before you can use the station with Cumulus. You can do this using this utility from Davis. See also this FAQ entry - http://wiki.sandaysoft.com/a/FAQ#How_do_I_get_my_Davis_station_with_USB_working_with_Cumulus.3F

THanks Paul, but the issue now appears that I dont have Weatherlink installed on the new laptop, and for the life of me, cant find the install CD......

Also keep in mind that only one instance of the Cumulus program can be running at the same time so make sure it isn't already running in the background.

Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2017, 08:07:21 PM »

It would be great if you had weatherlink program and have it run in serial mode as that would proof everything is ok from that end.  But you don't actually need weatherlink program installed to use Cumulus. 

Do you have the USB, serial or IP logger?

Paul

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2017, 08:12:31 PM »
USB

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2017, 08:30:46 PM »

Then, if the USB datalogger had been used in USB mode instead of serial as needed by third party programs you would need to run that utility as linked in the Cumulus FAQ and then need to run weatherlink so you can set the correct mode, COM port, etc.

A search in this forum should get you some mention where you can get the full weatherlink program for download. 

Good luck,
Paul

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2017, 04:33:24 AM »
But, but.... presumably it was working on the old PC, so it is already configured for virtual serial mode, speed set etc.  So probably all that is needed is to install the USB drivers mentioned above?
Mark

Offline soxfan2k4

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2017, 12:12:47 PM »
Got it!  Now I just gotta get it back on wunderground again, but that's easy enough

Thanks everyone for the help

anything