Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184179 times)

Offline schmiernippel

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #600 on: June 03, 2018, 05:04:38 PM »
My current conditions has also been updated, now it works :-)

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #601 on: June 03, 2018, 06:58:00 PM »
Now fix my webcam   
KMNMINNE28  Robbinsdale Middle school.

Been begging for months.

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline gman19

• KD4TJG
« Reply #602 on: June 04, 2018, 10:46:19 AM »
Well the site is slow this morning, but at least my temperature data seems to be back to normal...not sure what's going on with WU... ](*,)

Offline Flessan

« Reply #603 on: June 04, 2018, 10:49:49 AM »
Rapid Fire has been hosed for several days now.  Just posted a new topic on that.  One minute updating on "Rapid" fire.   ](*,)

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #604 on: June 04, 2018, 11:06:01 AM »
Rapid fire on the Wundermap has been hozed for many months now. Only the dashboards seem to be working that way, but often times they too are not updating properly.

Offline Felix1

• PhD Engineering Physics
« Reply #605 on: June 04, 2018, 12:51:35 PM »
<snip>  It even has phone numbers of who to call first...  :shock:

Well that is interesting! You can select your state on the pull-down menu and get all the stations and the Points of Contact. Wonder if they'll take calls and actually work problems? For those interested, I'd capture those names and numbers quickly, they may be removed soon.

Offline jas340

• Lone Pine Ranch  Horseshoe Bend, Idaho  USA
« Reply #606 on: June 04, 2018, 04:03:45 PM »
<snip>  It even has phone numbers of who to call first...  :shock:

Well that is interesting! You can select your state on the pull-down menu and get all the stations and the Points of Contact. Wonder if they'll take calls and actually work problems? For those interested, I'd capture those names and numbers quickly, they may be removed soon.

Gone

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #607 on: June 04, 2018, 07:14:16 PM »
WU PWS korcoosb49
Davis Vantage Pro2
WU Webcam LizMarr3
Ambient WeatherCam HD

Issue:

The PWS is being recorded perfectly. I have had no issues since linking. My weather cam shows on the PWS website and has a current picture at all times. The FTP program, however, shows periodic errors. I increased the upload time to 10 minutes to compensate.

IF I click on the Webcam link, the picture being returned by the camera in the PWS dashboard, or choose any web cam from the WunderMap I get the following error:

===========================
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@wunderground.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
============================

I have written to support@wunderground.com and told them about it.

OK, if there is something I can do let me know. This happens on computers and handhelds on my network. Is there a problem with my DNS or is the problem on WU side? I can use a different DNS if you think that this will fix it.

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #608 on: June 04, 2018, 07:26:20 PM »
Is there a problem with my DNS or is the problem on WU side?
Yes.  In fact, you can pretty much count on anything you see going wrong being a problem on the WU side.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #609 on: June 04, 2018, 10:31:06 PM »
In the last few days, someone by the name of “gopher” has been posting content in this Forum that has been addressing some of our WU issues. Based on gopher’s responses, it appears he or she works for WU or maybe as a contractor. WU has been quiet since they posted a blurb asking for issues in January 2018. Let’s hope this is the real deal as some of our issues have been fixed by WU. It appears the death of WU has been premature. Let’s hope so and let’s give WU a break as they start addressing our issues.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Flessan

« Reply #610 on: June 04, 2018, 10:40:14 PM »
I'd like to think you're right, but it's not likely.  They started a trello forum that promised open communication and improvements.  I believe it's dead.

https://trello.com/b/hqC0tb0u/weather-underground

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #611 on: June 04, 2018, 10:43:55 PM »
I'm getting errors on both weatherbug and wunderground thru Kevins aculink software - I've messaged Kevin but I've not been able to get a reply.
I'm thinking its just a software change that is needed.
Anyone know of any other alternatives that utilize the bridge vs the aculink dashboard so I can upload data every 18seconds or less?

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #612 on: June 04, 2018, 11:34:04 PM »
It appears the death of WU has been premature.
It's dead website walking.  IBM has no reason to keep it since 'weather.com' is a much better known and more valuable site.  WU is still mostly broken and has been like this for almost a year now.

Offline LizMarr

• Liz M.
    • Marr family weather
« Reply #613 on: June 05, 2018, 11:50:01 AM »
I don't know. There are a lot of posts on the Trello dated June 2018 that says things are working. I notice a request marked "To Do" that asked for ability to delete webcams. This has been implemented at least before a week ago, that was when I deleted a couple of my old ones. It hasn't been marked "done" yet though. So things are stirring on that site. As far as update frequency, my PWS is set for q5min and it hasn't missed a beat. There is an issue with the page refreshing data if I've just left it open in Chrome for a period of time. I have to close the page and reopen to trigger a refresh, but everything seems to be working on the backend. My data is all there. I've been a WU PWS contributor for many years now and just added my new station. I've been pleased with the connectivity, especially over my old station which was inconsistent nearly from the start. My only issue has been the link to the camera, which to me is secondary to the weather data for me. I would wager a guess that in some conditions a missed update is from regional network traffic not necessarily on WU end. At least they are not as dead as WeatherBug...

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #614 on: June 05, 2018, 09:07:17 PM »
From Tim Roche from WU yesterday (June 4) on the Trello board:

Hoping you can see our commitment to PWS and the site. We have rolled out stability improvements to the PWS ingest process already, we did see a rocky weekend with that, but this is to be expected in any rollout. Look forward to bugfixes on the site and a more sustainable architecture. While you may not notice the changes we are making, and some of them might even seem to make things worse, or slower, know that we are doing this to move off of our legacy systems and into modern technologies. This represents a significant investment in time and resources. I hope you will continue to give us a chance, and let us earn back your respect.

Let’s hope the above is accurate!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 09:28:32 PM by WheatonRon »
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #615 on: June 07, 2018, 06:13:06 PM »

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #616 on: June 07, 2018, 06:21:58 PM »
https://www.wunderground.com/redesign/
Considering that they make reference to "Wunderphotos" which was killed off awhile ago and shows the pre-September 2017 format change, I doubt this is current.  In fact, this looks like the PR bs they posted in 2014 when that format was launched.

Offline chief-david

• Educational Weather
  • Forecaster
  • Space Academy for Educators
    • Benilde-St. Margaret's Weather
« Reply #617 on: June 07, 2018, 06:48:24 PM »
fix my webcam

KMNMINNE28

You can't phase me-I teach Middle School.
It's not you-It's WU.

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #618 on: June 07, 2018, 08:18:05 PM »
https://www.wunderground.com/redesign/
Considering that they make reference to "Wunderphotos" which was killed off awhile ago and shows the pre-September 2017 format change, I doubt this is current.  In fact, this looks like the PR bs they posted in 2014 when that format was launched.
I kinda suspected it was from the past.

Offline Flessan

« Reply #619 on: June 08, 2018, 10:51:57 AM »
Just found an interesting bug that I don't *think* was an issue in the past. If it's raining across midnight, you will lose much of your rainfall on the site.  Last night we had a storm that crossed over midnight. My actual rainfall was 0.62. My last observation for the day on wunderground was at 11:55 PM with 0.38. After crossing midnight, The first observation does show 0.58 at the start of midnight, but it drops that as occurring the day before.  You lose everything that fell between 11:55 PM and Midnight, which in my case was 0.20.  I'm attaching snippets from the end of day 1 and beginning of day 2.

The Davis console and attached PC have the correct data.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline gopher

« Reply #620 on: June 08, 2018, 02:01:08 PM »
Just found an interesting bug that I don't *think* was an issue in the past. If it's raining across midnight, you will lose much of your rainfall on the site.  Last night we had a storm that crossed over midnight. My actual rainfall was 0.62. My last observation for the day on wunderground was at 11:55 PM with 0.38. After crossing midnight, The first observation does show 0.58 at the start of midnight, but it drops that as occurring the day before.  You lose everything that fell between 11:55 PM and Midnight, which in my case was 0.20.  I'm attaching snippets from the end of day 1 and beginning of day 2.

Thanks, this is awesome feedback.

FWIW, I'm pretty certain that previously this was completely lost, whereas now it's improperly reporting it as the first observation of the next day.

We will definitely work on a fix for this.

Offline bvstation

• Contributor
« Reply #621 on: June 08, 2018, 06:55:05 PM »
My station isn't showing getting data reported to it although I know it is.. the dashboard from acu-rite shows its getting and should be sending.
Then I refresh and it tells me the site doesn't exist.
?

Offline N9XTN

« Reply #622 on: June 08, 2018, 07:39:45 PM »
Something may have gone funny on WU around 4:45pm CDT today.  My station history graphs show more data and more variation for a while, then the last report is at 5:13pm CDT.  The data at the top of the page has updated correctly since then.  Station ID is KNEVALLE3.

It appears many stations, if not all, stopped updating history graphs around that time.

- Mark

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #623 on: June 08, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
Something may have gone funny on WU around 4:45pm CDT today.  My station history graphs show more data and more variation for a while, then the last report is at 5:13pm CDT.  The data at the top of the page has updated correctly since then.  Station ID is KNEVALLE3.

It appears many stations, if not all, stopped updating history graphs around that time.

- Mark
Yes,  I see this happening too.   Instead of reporting every 5 minutes,  it started reporting about 5 times a minute.   If you look at the time around 3:49 it advances into the future but then comes back.  Really screwy. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 08:56:07 PM by Mtnviper »

Offline jammer13

« Reply #624 on: June 09, 2018, 01:37:27 AM »
Error: Authorization failed. (unlimited more tries)  KTXTHALI2

what do I do now? 2 months no problems now this

this PWS is not reporting
Last updated: 5/29/2018, 2:04:19 PM,
17 hours ago

System Message
Error: Weather Underground

Hey antstrafer, I've been having the same issue since Monday. I got a new D-Link DR-505 router that I made into a Meteobridge and it worked like a champ on Sunday. Monday morning rolls around and my station is having all kinds of issues and the Meteobridge keeps flagging WU.

I was losing my mind thinking there was an issue with the bridge. I plugged my Acurite SmartHub into my computer, bridged the network connections, and fired up Kevin's Acurite SmartHub Software and it was flooded with bad request messages from WU.

Something is definitely broken on WU's end. I sent an email asking what gives and haven't heard anything.  I know user Colorado Weather sent an email to Kevin about his software so maybe we'll get addtional details. For now, I've disabled sending data to WU because it's just causing other problems with getting data to my other weather services, including CWOP.

Same thing just happened to me.  Been working for a year and a half and all of a sudden Meteobridge gives the Authorization error.  I rebooted the meteobridge router but no success. 

Edit: Working again somehow.  I used Weather Display to send test data (which worked) and then I logged into my WU PWS account.  Then I went in to Meteobridge and it showed a successful transmission.  So, down for about 2 and a half hours but back up.  Not sure why it's working which makes me a little nervous.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 01:57:02 AM by jammer13 »

anything