Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184170 times)

Offline ptcub

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2018, 08:44:05 PM »
I'm sure you're being overwhelmed at this point, but I'll add another issue to the pile. I am unable to delete incorrect points from the weather history table on my PWS weather history page.
Following directions, I click the edit button, select the points, then click "delete points" and refresh the page. The data deletes for a few seconds and then returns.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KWAPORTT20
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:04:43 PM by ptcub »

Offline PraveenC31

« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2018, 10:19:13 PM »
Summary has disappeared again.

Offline HeloMech

« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2018, 10:54:13 PM »
+1

Acurite #01075RM  5in1 W/ Access
Acurite #06016M    Color Display
Acurite #06058M    HD display
Acurite #06045M    Lightning Detector  (2)
Acurite #06002RM  Temp/Hum Sensors  (4)
Acurite #00827A1   What to Wear display  (for the camper)

Offline WSWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #203 on: January 21, 2018, 01:17:47 AM »
Now, no forecast data for...today!.  They're going backwards.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

I have no confidence any of this will be fixed.

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #204 on: January 21, 2018, 02:00:29 AM »
Cameras are still having issues - my camera has not updated for nearly 8 hours :rolleyes:
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline wacotilley86

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:29 AM »
This is not Johnson County its Stanton County 67855.  Common misconception. KKSJOHNS5

Offline Joel

• PWS Lobbes
« Reply #206 on: January 21, 2018, 05:28:11 AM »
Hi

In the field "Associated WebCam:" in the screen "Edit your PWS information:", I can select my webcam.
Unfortunately this value is not saved when I press the Save button
The station ID is IRGIONWA40

Try a different web browser or do it twice might work.

I already did it multiple times.
Using IE instead of Firefox did not fix the issue.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #207 on: January 21, 2018, 07:45:43 AM »
Not sure if it's been posted or not but preferences are not saved when using wundermap.
Returning to the page later all previous settings are back to default.
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #208 on: January 21, 2018, 08:30:10 AM »
I cannot change the status message for my weather station. Please fix.

I have my data pulled from WU to go to my new weather website that I created after WU stated they would drop webcams. There have been 225 outages in the last week for a total of 4785 minutes.

Please bring the Roku app back. Re-instate the webcams back into the app. I would be willing to pay a yearly fee to have my camera featured in the Roku app for my rural town and the surrounding towns as it once was. Increase the max resolution to 1080p and file size of the uploaded images

By charging a fee WU could better regulate the camera's on the ROKU app (no more chicken coops!)

yeah I would love to see the roku app working.  I got my roku setup and downloaded the WU app and wank it was busted, map image not
in display box etc.   I mean while we are wishing, might as well wish big.

I have this same problem on WU with Roku. (I am a poet and didn't know it  :grin:)

My older Roku boxes display the radar "thumbnail" OK, but my newer vintage boxes (including the latest 'stick' one) put the thumbnail radar image over to the left of the screen overlaying the current weather. If I click OK, the full screen radar image displays OK.

This is an annoyance and I would appreciate a fix. I do like the WU radar depiction and check it every morning.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #209 on: January 21, 2018, 09:50:25 AM »
This is not Johnson County its Stanton County 67855.  Common misconception. KKSJOHNS5

This happens more often and in more applications than you think because Google (the map curator) has incorrect information and is not interested in updating it.  Don't blame WU, I suspect they're merely using Google map info.  Sean or Ben may be able to confirm this.

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #210 on: January 21, 2018, 10:12:29 AM »
tbh i see no point in reporting anymore issue here or elsewhere.

They are now overwhelmed with the amount of inconsistencies especially if they are a small team and certain key WU staff have moved of who were they main developers or administrators of WU in the past. I guess the takeover from IBM a few year back has had its told on Support staff and key services.

WU Staff now have their hands full of bugs and feature request to get on with.  how long this will take is an unkown.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:14:11 AM by Toxic »
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #211 on: January 21, 2018, 11:34:50 AM »

They are now overwhelmed with the amount of inconsistencies especially if they are a small team and certain key WU staff have moved of who were they main developers or administrators of WU in the past. I guess the takeover from IBM a few year back has had its told on Support staff and key services.

WU Staff now have their hands full of bugs and feature request to get on with.  how long this will take is an unkown.

Don't be discouraged.  The WU team has asked for input and I'm sure they know how to compile, summarize and prioritize the work.  Keep in mind that management doesn't listen to developers and managers that have ideas - they listen to customers or users.  Yes, it will take time, but the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #212 on: January 21, 2018, 11:45:07 AM »
Your frustration is shared. However it’s only been 6 days since Sean and his little team of minutemen(women) have even started looking for the swamp drain. I for one am really encouraged that initiative is being taken proactively. It’s more than I’ve seen for a very long time. (Sean/Ben, if you’re listening, we greatly appreciate your efforts and will help in any way you need us.)

Offline forbrich

« Reply #213 on: January 21, 2018, 01:32:01 PM »
Hi Sean, et al

Yet Another web Cam Issue (YACI):

Station iAlberta334 has a direct URL camera associated with it.  It had been switched to 'Active=No' a few weeks ago, and was re-approved last week.  It worked nicely for a few days, but is now 'stuck' at 1PM Jan 20, even though I can view the URL manually and it is current.

No great urgency - just asking for it to be added to the list.

/Hans
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:17:46 PM by forbrich »

Offline ConligWX

• Forecaster
  • #conligwx
    • conligwx.org
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2018, 01:52:38 PM »
Your frustration is shared. However it’s only been 6 days since Sean and his little team of minutemen(women) have even started looking for the swamp drain. I for one am really encouraged that initiative is being taken proactively. It’s more than I’ve seen for a very long time. (Sean/Ben, if you’re listening, we greatly appreciate your efforts and will help in any way you need us.)

Proactively?  if you say so.  funny how we have endured months of these outages - what were they Proactively doing then?

I'm glad there is an "announced" team in place to try and fix all these issues. However, why did it take so long (months) for someone from WU to actually acknowledge users issues and concerns and "setup" a way to try to resolve these issues.  Surely Major Incidents should be managed higher up the chain of command and get things in motion.  Yet we seen hardly any indication WU was actually doing anything. 

Seriously the buck lies at IBM and WU's feet, My guess is the support and administration teams were either not technical enough to keep the clogs turning smoothly or daily checks/procedures and monitors were not followed to the letter, resulting in failures which impacted on all services to the extent someone high up got involved.

I wonder if they will learn by their mistakes? History tells us, Humans always have short memories ;)
Regards Simon
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus (6162UK) • Daytime FARS • WeatherLink Live • AirLink • PurpleAir PA-II-SD • CumulusMX •

Offline forbrich

« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2018, 02:24:11 PM »
I recently acquired a Netatmo weather station.  It reports nicely on the app and on Netatmo's map.

I understand that these units are supposed to automatically show up on WunderMap, and when they go we can associate them with our WU account.

My Netatmo unit has not shown up on WunderMap yet.  Any way to trigger that? 

Station g20c3b0, outdoor module h2119fa.

Physically, it's close to my Davis VP2 (station id iAlberta334)

Offline Joel

• PWS Lobbes
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2018, 05:44:06 PM »
Hi

In the field "Associated WebCam:" in the screen "Edit your PWS information:", I can select my webcam.
Unfortunately this value is not saved when I press the Save button
The station ID is IRGIONWA40

Try a different web browser or do it twice might work.

I already did it multiple times.
Using IE instead of Firefox did not fix the issue.

As a workaround, it is possible to link a station and a webcam in the webcam settings.    It seems to work, but for how long ?

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2018, 07:47:27 PM »

Offline dwhitemv

• KORJUNCT3
    • My PWS on Weather Underground
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2018, 10:05:13 PM »
+1 on Summary tables not updating again. Last day with data is January 17.

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #220 on: January 21, 2018, 11:19:05 PM »
It amazes me that no one monitors site health on the weekend for such a large site and company. The webcams totally broke over the weekend as well as the station stats.

Something is very wrong at WU. It seems to be a combination of lack of manpower, bad coding and old hardware that did not keep pace with the growth - zero investment . In short, a recipe for a disaster. No wonder it's crumbling at the foundation.

This will certainly be interesting to see if it ever gets fixed right. I have my hopes but again great doubts as I eluded to earlier in the thread...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 11:22:35 PM by azchrisf »
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #221 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:47 PM »
Saturday and Sunday isn't a very appropriate time to be down on WU.  However, if a lot of things haven't turned better this Friday, then let loose.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline n4khq

« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2018, 07:22:47 AM »
If the WU PWS had been a cash cow running soothly, it would have never been sold. I feel certain Sean & Ben will get it fixed, but its going to take years in my opinion. Major section of the applications that support the PWS need to be rewritten from scratch and that takes time and money. I bet Sean and Ben are currently working 60 plus hours a week. The new team will try to keep a legacy application patch together and buy time to rewrite the code. The purpose for this thread is to report problems which will be helpful Sean and Ben. Multiple reports are helpful I think because users are not having the same issues at the same time. I want to thank the team from getting my PWS back online. Even if webcam updates a lagging and summary is mi it is better than any alternative available at any price.

Offline konz

• Senior Contributor
    • ArlingtonWX
« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2018, 07:33:30 AM »
It amazes me that no one monitors site health on the weekend for such a large site and company. The webcams totally broke over the weekend as well as the station stats.

Something is very wrong at WU. It seems to be a combination of lack of manpower, bad coding and old hardware that did not keep pace with the growth - zero investment . In short, a recipe for a disaster. No wonder it's crumbling at the foundation.

This will certainly be interesting to see if it ever gets fixed right. I have my hopes but again great doubts as I eluded to earlier in the thread...

Well said.  I think your bewilderment and frustration are shared amongst the users.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2018, 11:05:50 AM »
The end is near...(?)

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Well said.  I think your bewilderment and frustration are shared amongst the users.

anything