Author Topic: MySql  (Read 3867 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
MySql
« on: May 15, 2007, 03:35:42 PM »
Is the MySql addon for VWS compatible with MSSql 2005 ? I have 2005 server already running and want to be sure I can connect to it before I get too far into this. Otherwise I will run everything from the computer that hosts the weather station. I have a separate web server as well. The weather station is slowing coming together. I also downloaded the PHP module which I will be setting up as well. I know I know, one thing at a time...get the website switch over from Weatherview and then add on.....too many cool things this can do.

Offline racenet

• Forecaster
    • NH Weather Data
Re: MySql
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 09:03:29 PM »
Post removed..............
www.theamericanflagstore.com - The American Flag Store

www.nhweatherdata.com - NH Weather Data

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 12:18:17 AM »
I don't think the MySQL program (VWSql) will work with MSSQL, they are totally different animals.  There isn't any reason you can't run MySQL on 2005 Server, but you probably can't make use of Microsoft SQL with VWSql.  If that isn't what you were asking, I'm sorry for muddying the question  :wink:
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 09:42:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply. I was kinda thinking that MySql and MSSql were not compatible and was hoping someone may have had a work around. I have a production SQL server but dont want to add MySql to it because of the databases it handles here in my department at the university. I think I will run the SQL on the weather computer. Which means a beefier box than what it is on right now. Thanks !

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 03:21:14 PM »
I need some help on setting up the MySql v 5 on the win Xp box tha that has the weather station on it. I downloaded the V5 installer and the V5 Gui. I am not sure where to go from there. I set up my root password but am not sure what to put for host as this will be a local host. When I start up the admin I type the connection name of FACWeather, the username of FacDavis, I set a password and then for hostname I put the machine name of FAC253479 and click apply but don't see anything happening. I click close and go back to the MySQL admin 1.2.12 and try to log in. I get a "could not connect to specified instance" and it says error 1045. I click on ping and the local box responds with its IP so I am kinda lost. I would appreciate some help to get this thing running. Thanks.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 04:05:00 PM »
Got it working.....need a new pair of glasses....

anything