Author Topic: Planning to upgrade to Alt. Dashboard V6 - info wanted  (Read 2937 times)

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
    • Maricopa, Sonoran Desert, Arizona
Planning to upgrade to Alt. Dashboard V6 - info wanted
« on: April 04, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Been granted a couple of month hiatus from babysitting, and my thoughts have turned to updating the weather system to newer releases of the php's and routines.   I'd like to do the alt. dashboard V6 upgrade, but have a few questions lingering from a year ago when I thought about it.

First off, I have a limited station, no solar readings, no on-site uv readings - I use the get-uv.php routines for forecasts of this, my AQI setup does not show actuals, only the forecast and I Use the aqi php's (county doesn't post actuals).

My initial questions are --

1 - UV Readings - is there a way to use the values returned by the getuvforecast.php in the Alt. Dashboard? I don't have any capability to gen my own.

2 - AQI - Similarly, is there a way to use the aqi forecast for (today) in the alt. Dashboard.

3 - Lightning strikes - no capability for this, can it be deleted/not used and replaced with 'something else'?

4 - Cloud cover - again, no capability, an can 'somethin else' be slotted in this area?

5 - any BTDT advice from members who've  taken the Alt. Dashboard V6 and mod'd it downward a bit to reflect their own smaller setups?

I'm going to d/l anew the routines from Websterweather this week, unpack and take a gander, but thought I'd ask my obvious neophyte questions first.

Thanks So much

Ken

http://weather.azkiwis.net

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
Re: Planning to upgrade to Alt. Dashboard V6 - info wanted
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »
have spent lots of time over the last 2-3 weeks doing reading, research and careful changes to the Alt Dashboard setup and php and I've made enough progress to be able to load it to my 'test' system, and in alpha test I've found all sorts of interesting little thingies, mostly to do with images, either missing or differing formats.

Most, I think, I can find, but the one I'm at a loss over is the AQIn.JPG series (at least fro now).   Anyone have info on where I can find them?

2ndly, am I shooting myself in the foot if I edit the .js and .php to change the siffix (jpg, gif etc) to reflect what's in my ajax-images file.  Truth be told, after 5-6 years or more, I'm not sure exactly how many of them are still really used.

I'm sure I'll be back with more questions, pleas for help etc..

Thanks

Ken

test.azkiwis.net

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:33:29 PM »
another Q, if I may...
In scrolling thru the  ajaxWDwx.js file, I ran across a reference to file "ajaxWDwx-settings.js".     

This file wasn't included in the d/l  of Alt Dashboard 6.53 from Websterlive, and I suspect it's from Rainer and V9 of the Alt dashboard.  Is this the case, or do I need it?

Thx again

Ken

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
Alt Dashboard 6 help - was Planning to upgrade to Alt. Dashboard V6
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 06:02:03 PM »
Bit the bullet and changed all .gif/.jpg /etc references to match the existing images I had and bingo!   the dashboard display comes to life.

Noticed 2 issues thus far ---

1) AQI -- my county no longer publishes the 'actuals', only the forecasts, so the script fails on the get.  I've thought about fiddling with it to go after the 'today' forecast value and use that.  Has anyone done this and any BTDT help available?

2)  I've selected the $STAhilo = true option, have 5 years of data... But, on the dashboard the fields on the left side for Rec high, Rec low have no values.    I'm certain I've either crossed things or overlooked something obvious...  Again, any Help or pointers appreciated.
test.azkiwis.net

Thanks a bunch!

Ken

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
Ken,

You don't need it but without it, any changes to the script will mean you have to re-do all your settings.  Send me your email address and I'll send you a copy.  Mine is right under my name on the left  <----

Scott

another Q, if I may...
In scrolling thru the  ajaxWDwx.js file, I ran across a reference to file "ajaxWDwx-settings.js".     

This file wasn't included in the d/l  of Alt Dashboard 6.53 from Websterlive, and I suspect it's from Rainer and V9 of the Alt dashboard.  Is this the case, or do I need it?

Thx again

Ken
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline BurnsvilleWeather

• Burnsville, MN USA
  • Forecaster
  • Retired from Weather!
Re: Alt Dashboard 6 help - was Planning to upgrade to Alt. Dashboard V6
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:24 PM »
Ken,

In the config you can turn off the AQI, that will at least look better.  As for the 2nd problem, you need version 1.07 (I'll send a copy if you can't find it here) of testtags.txt and you need to all the additional tags from the archive to the bottom of the file.  It should work much better then! 

Scott

Bit the bullet and changed all .gif/.jpg /etc references to match the existing images I had and bingo!   the dashboard display comes to life.

Noticed 2 issues thus far ---

1) AQI -- my county no longer publishes the 'actuals', only the forecasts, so the script fails on the get.  I've thought about fiddling with it to go after the 'today' forecast value and use that.  Has anyone done this and any BTDT help available?

2)  I've selected the $STAhilo = true option, have 5 years of data... But, on the dashboard the fields on the left side for Rec high, Rec low have no values.    I'm certain I've either crossed things or overlooked something obvious...  Again, any Help or pointers appreciated.
test.azkiwis.net

Thanks a bunch!

Ken
www.BurnsvilleWeatherLIVE.com (Formally Webster Weather LIVE)
Home of the Alternative Dashboard and Mobile Dashboard Scripts. Weather Display Scripts and Graphics

Davis VP2 with, UV, Solar, Leaf, Web Cam.

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 05:09:43 PM »
Thanks Scott...

Coulda sworn I did the updates to testtags 1.07 -- I'll look into it again tonight.....   

For the time being, I'm keeping AQI in there, this is my test bed, and I can work on it over the next few days to use the forecast vs. actuals.  Think I know what it is, just is how will I do it - not being great on code,, it'll involve a fair amount of fiddling around.

Ken

Offline azkiwi

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 07:15:35 PM »
Ummm.   Scott .....     Stupid confessions time.....  I DID update the V1.07 of testtags, just did it on the wrong machine, and there it was...

But, did find the 'missing' (to me) AQI images when I visited your site, so by putting in the images, I should get rid of the red-x and misalignment.

Ken's law:   The obvious never becomes obvious until you ask for another's help on it.....

Ken