Author Topic: WU - Let us know your issues  (Read 184157 times)

Offline RusstyOfOz

Re: WU - Let us know your issues
« Reply #1300 on: February 08, 2019, 05:07:15 AM »
Thanks everyone,
I have corrected the time zone and have put some water through the gauge so will see what time it resets tonight.

This still won't correct the accumulation total problem as it appears to be a problem with WU, as every station I look at in Australia has the exact same issue.  Even though the rainfall total appears on the graph and table, it doesn't show in the summary after around 7pm.  I wrote to WU a few times in the past year about this but didn't even get an acknowledgement, let alone a solution.

Russty.

Offline TomKeffer

• Author of weeWX
« Reply #1301 on: February 08, 2019, 03:20:41 PM »
People should understand that different people have different needs. The simplicity of publishing to WU has merit and so why wouldn't we want it to be the best that it can be. I've yet to see another online service provide rapidfire live data that is updated every few seconds.

Pretty much true, although you can self-host a site that offers live updates.

See WeeRT.

Live station: http://threefools.org:3000/

-Tom Keffer (author of WeeWX)

Offline MchWxEnthusiast

• That Guy
  • Contributor
  • Nothing Much
« Reply #1302 on: February 08, 2019, 05:26:46 PM »
It Was kinda stupid to merge Intellicast with WU. I Liked it better when they were seperate.
Weather Radio Freq: 162.475 MHz
Weather Radio Loc:  Plainwell, MI
Transmitter Call Sign: WWF34
Streaming Status: NN

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #1303 on: February 10, 2019, 09:29:58 AM »
People should understand that different people have different needs. The simplicity of publishing to WU has merit and so why wouldn't we want it to be the best that it can be. I've yet to see another online service provide rapidfire live data that is updated every few seconds.

Pretty much true, although you can self-host a site that offers live updates.

See WeeRT.

Live station: http://threefools.org:3000/

-Tom Keffer (author of WeeWX)
Uh, I went and looked at your first link to WeeWX.  I'm kinda of technical minded, no code-writer or anything like that, but I've managed to survive the computer life over the last 25-30.  I think WeeWX and WU are very different in regards to a person easily getting their data online to the public.  galfert's statement is very true in that getting a station's data published online to WU is pretty simple...provided WU is behaving.  I looked at the WeeWX link and, seriously, my eyes started glazing over with all the instruction and foreign words...after all, I'm just a simple-minded old country boy hanging onto my little weather station by the seat-of-my-pants.  :-)

WeeWX  looks very interesting, but for a layman, like me, I have no interest in dealing with all the coding(?) and instruction to get it up and running and there's lots of terms I have no idea what they mean.  I dunno, maybe Cumulus/Saratoga has spoiled me. ;)  For someone who has some familiarity with coding and the lingo associated with it I'm sure WeeWX and self-hosting works great and it's fun to deal with.  The key word galfert used, I think, is "simplicity".  I'm not belittling your program, but I don't think there's really a lot of comparison between hosting data on WU and self-hosting using WeeWX.  Having said all of this, I'm really no big fan of WU, either. ;)  Best wishes with WeeWX!!!

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline neomanu16

• Station de Vars (16330)
« Reply #1304 on: February 11, 2019, 03:13:55 PM »

Hello,
here is my concern that happens more or less every 2 days
see twice a day ...
my neck penalizes my graphics
Ivars8
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Emmanuel Dixneuf/Vars, Charente, France  site: meteo16-vars.com
Davis Vantage vue , WL.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1305 on: February 11, 2019, 03:33:33 PM »

Hello,
here is my concern that happens more or less every 2 days
see twice a day ...
my neck penalizes my graphics
Ivars8

Your problem is with your hardware, software, or firmware. This is not a Weather Underground problem. You have a Davis Weatherlink, so I would suggest you ask for help in the Davis section. I suspect you need to update your weatherlink firmware as it seems like old version 1.10.... But ask the Davis users to be sure.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?board=59.0
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline neomanu16

« Reply #1306 on: February 11, 2019, 04:18:21 PM »

Thanks I just updated it,
Davis Vantage vue , WL.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1307 on: February 13, 2019, 11:49:58 AM »
Anyone else noticing this mess up with the daily graph? If you just leave the page open it will sometimes switch the graph to this monthly view instead of daily. But it isn't even a proper monthly view at the top of the graph dates are all crunched up where you can't read them. The only thing you can do is refresh the browser. I've also noticed that while the page is refreshing you need to leave it alone...if you try and scroll down before it finishes reloading then you won't get the graphs at all. Really annoying. Using Chrome on Windows 10. Please fix.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:16:53 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Eno

« Reply #1308 on: February 13, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
Anyone else noticing this mess up with the daily graph.

Yep. Frequently over the last few weeks.

Offline rormeister

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #1309 on: February 13, 2019, 09:26:37 PM »
Anyone else noticing this mess up with the daily graph?
Yup. WUFUBAR.  Chrome doesn’t refresh correctly. Plus:
1) Summary data incorrect at random times (we’re in Seattle and had a huge snow event and my data was totally wrong ... 51°F current temps ... WTF)
2) Shows my station as “Not Reporting” ... Wanna bet?

As a wish item (if the WunderFixers are listening). Give users the ability to temporarily go “offline” when the snow is so deep that their instruments are burried under 30” of snow.

IBM/TWC, you either have a long way to go, or just go under (pun...Underground).

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1310 on: February 14, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »
Seeing ads once again on some pages with paid membership, seems to happen at least once a month. Getting a little tiresome.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1311 on: February 14, 2019, 09:37:53 PM »
Seeing ads once again on some pages with paid membership, seems to happen at least once a month. Getting a little tiresome.

Are you deleting cookies? Or deleting any other cache files? Maybe a program you installed is doing that monthly and you don't realize it. Why are you doing paid membership if you upload to WU? When you upload you get a free paid membership. If you aren't logged in you'll see adds and maybe something is happening that WU thinks you aren't logged in. I've never seen this problem. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. Not saying you are wrong or that it is your fault, just giving you different perspective and things to look into.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 09:40:56 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Mike Fitz

« Reply #1312 on: February 14, 2019, 09:46:47 PM »

Are you deleting cookies? Or deleting any other cache files? Maybe a program you instslled is doing that monthly and you don't realize it. Why are you doing paid membership if you upload to WU? When you upload you get a free paid membership. If you aren't logged in you'll see adds. I've never seen this problem. I'm using Chrome on Windows 10. Not saying you are wrong or that it is your fault, just giving you different perspective and things to look into.

Nope, not deleting or changing anything. I'm not the only one it happens to and in the past they've managed to fix something on the backend that was causing it. I'm not actually paying, it comes up in my profile as "Paid Membership" so that's just the terminology I used. I appreciate the suggestions, it's been an ongoing issue off and on for a while along with many other recurring bugs. There's a whole thread on the WU Trello board though that seems to be unmonitored now.

Offline Bunty

• Forecaster
  • Stillwater, home of Oklahoma State University
    • Welcome to Stillwater Weather
« Reply #1313 on: February 15, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »
Why won't wunderground get rid of Flash?  Will it eventually get rid of Flash but replace it with nothing?   Also why isn't wunderground https throughout?  Those seem to be my biggest issues.

Also the 2nd home page using modified AltDashboard 6.95 at http://stillwaterweather.com/2ndhome.php

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1314 on: February 15, 2019, 03:42:13 PM »
Hello Weather Underground,
I'd like to request that you add some new station hardware brand and models to the drop down selection of PWS hardware to configure. You don't even have any Ecowitt brand models listed. Especially the GW1000 I predict will end up being a very popular model as it can be customized with numerous sensors with just about every sensor type; Temp, Humidity, Barometer, Wind, UV/Solar, Rain, Soil, PM2.5 and even more soon.

Brand:
Ecowitt

Models:
GW1000
HP Series
WH Series

Thank you!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 07:53:40 AM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline neomanu16

« Reply #1315 on: February 16, 2019, 02:51:32 AM »
Even after Davis's firmware update, the worry has always gone
think I'm not watching at the moment of the problem
she is in the afternoon while the rest of the time? weird
Davis Vantage vue , WL.

Offline editorizer

« Reply #1316 on: February 18, 2019, 05:20:43 AM »
Wunderground PWS,

Here is an Acurite Atlas that is not showing on the map. I saw it online a few months ago, and I wondered where it went... It's still live, but not showing up.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNCJACKS58

Been like this for several years! Same for my station. Not certain why WU doesn't seem to address this issue. I have asked more than once.
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNCFAYET25

Offline theliman

« Reply #1317 on: February 19, 2019, 10:02:28 AM »
Hi Folks

Apologies for drifting away from this thread.  Ben has as many of you noticed left the company.  I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Hi there,

This weather station has its icon 11 miles from where it is located, out of town. Its data is at times significantly different than the stations around it, which is disruptive. Its icon is also in the middle of town, so you will have a lot of people who, when they check the weather on Wunderground, will wonder why they are getting a report for an area so far away (because the station is named after that area 11 miles away). I'm not confident that reporting its data, when bad, does anything. It needs to be deleted, then re-registered and its location moved.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KVACHARL136

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1318 on: February 19, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »
Hi Folks

Apologies for drifting away from this thread.  Ben has as many of you noticed left the company.  I'm not sure who sean is.  No one by that name has been at WU for a while.

Anyway.  I'm looking into why some stations that should be appearing on the wundermap are not.  Specifically ISTOCKPO4 is confusing me.    Hopefully we'll have this resolved soon.

Hi there,

This weather station has its icon 11 miles from where it is located, out of town. Its data is at times significantly different than the stations around it, which is disruptive. Its icon is also in the middle of town, so you will have a lot of people who, when they check the weather on Wunderground, will wonder why they are getting a report for an area so far away (because the station is named after that area 11 miles away). I'm not confident that reporting its data, when bad, does anything. It needs to be deleted, then re-registered and its location moved.

In fairness to WU, this issue should have been identified by the pws who signed up, not WU. WU cannot “audit” the coordinates of each station that signed up. Pws owners that signup should ensure the coordinates are correct, the station is uploading reasonably accurate data, and performing other “maintenance” issues that surround owning and sharing a pws on the internet.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline theliman

« Reply #1319 on: February 19, 2019, 11:32:42 AM »
Hi Folks

Hi there,

In fairness to WU, this issue should have been identified by the pws who signed up, not WU. WU cannot “audit” the coordinates of each station that signed up. Pws owners that signup should ensure the coordinates are correct, the station is uploading reasonably accurate data, and performing other “maintenance” issues that surround owning and sharing a pws on the internet.

Absolutely. But what do you do when the PWS owner does not do that? Is there a reason Wunderground shouldn't take it offline? (especially because it is now over a month) Are all Wunderground users in the most dense area of town held hostage to this guy's inaccurate data from over 10 miles away? I would think Wunderground would want to cancel the station because users would ask "why am I getting conditions for this elementary school that's no where near me?"

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #1320 on: February 19, 2019, 11:49:56 AM »
If you know who the owner is, an elementary school, then reach out to them and offer assistance in fixing their error. Provide them with proper coordinates. I have a similar situation with a WU station that is 3 miles away. I have an idea of the neighborhood that the owner is in and I've driven around looking for it where I know it to be from the data but I can't find it. I've knocked on a few doors and people have no idea who owns a weather station around there. I've used the WU Report Bad Data button but it does no good as WU ignores my report. It is too bad the WU Report does not offer an area for notes so that I could provide more information to WU. I've even posted at the bottom of the station's page in the Disqus section for the owner to contact me for help and I've heard nothing. What more can I do? So WU is at fault for not providing a reasonable feedback system and for not fixing the Reporting function to actually be useful and for them to respond to it.

I need a drone to fly over and find it.
Tele-Pole

Offline noctilucent

« Reply #1321 on: February 19, 2019, 11:57:24 AM »

Presumably a rather large one to drop the anvil on the station when you find it?

Offline theliman

« Reply #1322 on: February 19, 2019, 12:21:43 PM »
If you know who the owner is, an elementary school, then reach out to them and offer assistance in fixing their error. Provide them with proper coordinates. I have a similar situation with a WU station that is 3 miles away. I have an idea of the neighborhood that the owner is in and I've driven around looking for it where I know it to be from the data but I can't find it. I've knocked on a few doors and people have no idea who owns a weather station around there. I've used the WU Report Bad Data button but it does no good as WU ignores my report. It is too bad the WU Report does not offer an area for notes so that I could provide more information to WU. I've even posted at the bottom of the station's page in the Disqus section for the owner to contact me for help and I've heard nothing. What more can I do? So WU is at fault for not providing a reasonable feedback system and for not fixing the Reporting function to actually be useful and for them to respond to it.

I have also engaged the Disqus and have planned to leave a note on the station, if it is indeed at the elementary school. But in seeing that the name is elementary school area, I suspect that it may be a house nearby, which would be tough to find. And it's rural, so I don't want to get shot looking :-D

Offline ANPweather

• Contributor
    • Anthem North Parkside, AZ
« Reply #1323 on: February 19, 2019, 01:24:38 PM »
One of my problems is with the Android widget for my location. When setting it up I select my location. It insists on connecting to a station a half mile or so away despite showing it at my actual location. Looking on the actual WU web site, everything is correct. Grrr.

Davis Vantage Vue, Davis Pro 2 Console with Wifi Logger
Weather Display software
WU: KAZNEWRI17
PWS: ANTHEMNP
CWOP: EW7526

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #1324 on: February 19, 2019, 01:40:06 PM »

So WU is at fault for not providing a reasonable feedback system and for not fixing the Reporting function to actually be useful and for them to respond to it.

You are correct. WU should allow for feedback in its link “About this PWS”. A blurb like, “WU should contact pws owner as location appears incorrect” or words to that effect. That said, I have reported numerous pws with bad data over the years but nothing seems to get fixed—that is a WU issue that really should be addressed by Big Blue!
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0