Author Topic: NOAA WEATHER RADIO  (Read 149420 times)

Offline tim273

• Contributor
Re: NOAA WEATHER RADIO
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2017, 02:45:20 PM »
Hi Tim what feed do you provide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Minneapolis, St Paul: http://www.urberg.net:8000/tim273/edina.m3u (or just http://www.urberg.net:8000/tim273/edina for the actual stream)

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »
Hi Folks,

Found the cause. The output on my Midland WR300 has bit the dust. Using my Reecom 1630 and it is now working.

http://wxradio.dyndns.org:8000/BentonAR.mp3

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline codegod

• Software Developer
    • Crushed Box Software
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2017, 04:42:03 PM »
John, that's great news! I just confirmed it's working great! Thank you for your service!

Offline codegod

• Software Developer
    • Crushed Box Software
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2017, 04:43:48 PM »
Hi Tim what feed do you provide?

Minneapolis, St Paul: http://www.urberg.net:8000/tim273/edina.m3u (or just http://www.urberg.net:8000/tim273/edina for the actual stream)

Tim, thank you very much for providing your service as well! Much appreciated!

Offline phillipdampier

« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2017, 06:55:28 PM »
Here are some updates:

TUNEIN

TuneIn is probably the biggest and most important third party streaming platform around. Their database is also used by other apps to point to various streams so if you have relaunched your stream, you will want to get your listing on TuneIn updated. Here is how:

http://help.tunein.com/customer/portal/emails/new?ticket%5Blabels_new%5D=update_submission&t=692442 is the page to use to submit changes to your feed. If you were listed on TuneIn before via Weather Underground, you can get your station ID from the URL TuneIn assigned to your feed (you can Google the callsign of the NOAA Weather Radio feed you provided and a link to TuneIn will likely be prominent in the results. Otherwise, just use TuneIn's search option on their website.)

Example: http://tunein.com/radio/NOAA-Weather-Radio-1624-s80000/
Your station ID in this example is S80000.

Fill out the form noted above with details about the station you are feeding. The genre/format is "weather" and you can list the feed times as "24/7" . Do not bother uploading graphics, but do include contact information.

After submitting this form, you need to open a support ticket here: http://help.tunein.com/customer/portal/emails/new?ticket[labels_new]=broadcaster&

The message you will save you back and forth with TuneIn. In this message send this:

"Weather Underground has decided to cease streaming their weather radio feeds as of March 1, 2017, but the service has actually been offline for the last two weeks. I have been providing a feed of [insert station call letters, location and TuneIn URL to the now defunct stream here] to Weather Underground and as a result of the service being offline I am now relocating my stream to a new host so I can continue independent of Weather Underground. Therefore, so TuneIn listeners can continue to hear my feed, please remove references to Weather Underground and point TuneIn to the URL provided in the stream update form I just completed and sent. If you have any questions, please contact me."

You should get a response in 24-48 hours alerting you they are updating their website and app to reflect the new stream source. You must renounce your affiliation with Weather Underground before they will update your stream on their site. This is done in the support ticket.

LOCATING OLD STREAM HOSTS

Many of the stream providers don't offer a website or identification information about who is providing the stream. But I've found some URLs include personally identifiable user info such as a username or name (mine had my last name in the URL on Wunderground). You may be able to track down who provided the stream with this info. You may also find responsive audiences on any Facebook groups run by the regional NWS forecast office.

The prominence of this thread has been rising on Google as well, so hopefully people will find their way here. It would be nice if Weather Underground might list at least one contact point in their official press releases ending the streams for those that want to continue. We might want to contact them about that before March 1 if we settle on a site streamers can visit for more info on how to relaunch their streams.

Offline Fox_Of_The_Wind

• Forecaster
  • Hi there!
    • http://www.desotowiwx.com
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2017, 08:30:04 PM »
I was going to jump on this bandwagon also but I see someone else is streaming the station I have. So much for that. I will just sit back and watch this thread. :)

Anthony

Offline Cutty Sark Sailor

• Forecaster
    • Frankfort Weather - TwinHollies WeatherCenter
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2017, 08:53:41 PM »
I was going to jump on this bandwagon also but I see someone else is streaming the station I have. So much for that. I will just sit back and watch this thread. :)
Alternate Streams are good! power outages, blown modems, ...  Jump In

Ok... added a bunch of 'new' streams... mostly courtesy of Chris shoutcast...
...have about 4 trying to track a freq and station on...

I also Updated Many previous links to Chris'  Shoutcast server links... WxRadio: that takes a load off your 'raw' connection', and perhaps improves the quality in some cases.

http://noaaweatherradio.org

I think this collaboration with Chris from CrushedBoxSoftware is going to work well..., and we owe him a big thanks.

Couple of notes on noaaweatherradio.org.  Haven't had a chance to update the little info blurbs.. bout time for "Gold Rush" anyway...
PWS SITE Links are indicated by

1. NO links are provided for feeds which are generated by source that isn't either a 'weather oriented site' or otherwise 'commercial'
2. Non weather sites, or courtesy feeds from 'friends' are listed as 'courtesy' with no link
3. Stream Thumbnails: (so far)
Streams from wxRadio.dyndns (Chris)

Streams direct from source PWS or other sources

Mike

Offline satcop

• Senior Contributor
    • Clifton Virginia Weather
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2017, 08:55:17 PM »
I was going to jump on this bandwagon also but I see someone else is streaming the station I have. So much for that. I will just sit back and watch this thread.

Hi Fox

There is nothing wrong with redundancy here.  In fact for this type of service it is a good thing, especially with power etc. so  please don't hesitate to jump on board.

Bob
Clifton, Virginia Weather

Blitzortung Stations 1189, 1451 - CWOP EW1675

Offline codegod

• Software Developer
    • Crushed Box Software
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2017, 09:03:59 PM »
Alternate Streams are good! power outages, blown modems, ...  Jump In

Ok... added a bunch of 'new' streams... mostly courtesy of Chris shoutcast...
...have about 4 trying to track a freq and station on...

I also Updated Many previous links to Chris'  Shoutcast server links... WxRadio: that takes a load off your 'raw' connection', and perhaps improves the quality in some cases.

http://noaaweatherradio.org

I think this collaboration with Chris from CrushedBoxSoftware is going to work well..., and we owe him a big thanks.

Couple of notes on noaaweatherradio.org.  Haven't had a chance to update the little info blurbs.. bout time for "Gold Rush" anyway...
PWS SITE Links are indicated by

1. NO links are provided for feeds which are generated by source that isn't either a 'weather oriented site' or otherwise 'commercial'
2. Non weather sites, or courtesy feeds from 'friends' are listed as 'courtesy' with no link
3. Stream Thumbnails: (so far)
Streams from wxRadio.dyndns (Chris)

Streams direct from source PWS or other sources

Mike

Mike great work, FYI the Phoenix feed is from me personally since it's where I am located.

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2017, 09:59:44 PM »
Looks great Mike!!!!

Can you send me a list of the new stations I need to add to the map, please?  Either here, PM or email. Whatever is easiest.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

• Forecaster
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2017, 10:27:33 PM »
Looks great Mike!!!!

Can you send me a list of the new stations I need to add to the map, please?  Either here, PM or email. Whatever is easiest.

John
Watch email...

• Forecaster
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2017, 11:37:31 PM »
Heh... couple of you guys drivin' me nuts changing urls! You know who you are, Bob , et. al.  :grin:

This is whatcha call a 'living' website...  :twisted:

Seriously, now up to 27 streams, (if some folks leave 'em alone  :roll:)

at http://noaaweatherradio.iorg

Hate to think what John's goin' through updating his map ...

THE LIST HAS CHANGED AGAIN, JOHN !  :twisted:

'

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2017, 11:46:17 PM »
Thanks to all involved!   :grin:  =D>

I updated my webpage to point to http://noaaweatherradio.org for station lists and have a link to my own feed as an alternate.  Sent a note to Tunein per Phillip's instructions where to find the new feed from wxradio.  I think my mission is accomplished and my work is done.   ;) 
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10

Offline 44085weather

• 44085weather.com
« Reply #138 on: February 25, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
What do I need to do to provide a stream to you. I used to broadcast to radioreference.com

Is there a how to somewhere?

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #139 on: February 25, 2017, 10:19:59 AM »
What do I need to do to provide a stream to you. I used to broadcast to radioreference.com

Is there a how to somewhere?

Hi,

Please use the following to get your stream uploading and playing (Broadwave, Icecast, Edcast, etc.). Chris of Crushed Box Software has graciously volunteered to upgrade a server to accommodate us who wish to broadcast.

Change Server IP to: wxradio.dyndns.org
Use Encoder Password: WxRadio2014

If you can provide us with what station you are broadcasting, its location (state, city frequency), your website name, if you have one, or if it is a dedicated stream, etc.  Once we have this, we will add it to a clickable map, so anyone can listen and add it to a dedicated radio page. Both of these pages are a working progress.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2017, 11:00:10 AM »
Hi Folks,

Got the map updated with all of the working feeds that Mike (Cutty Sark) sent me via email.  There are only 2 feeds he listed that aren't working currently. I believe these are being tested. Once they are working, I will add them to the map.
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2017, 12:47:42 PM »
I did a small PHP to extract the data from the (defunct) NOAA Radio Page on WU and put the data in a spreadsheet.
Thought it might be helpful to see what *was* there.

Thanks so much for creating noaaweatherradio.org .. nice to have a central site for it again.  I'm using edcast to push to the icecast server at wxradio.dyndns.org and doing a direct broadcast using BroadWave on my weather PC.  Looks like not much additional loading on the WX PC so I'm happy to offer both.

Best regards,
Ken

edit: added a News item to the forum heading to highlight the new NWR noaaweatherradio.org site.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 01:18:01 PM by saratogaWX »
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #142 on: February 25, 2017, 01:27:40 PM »
Cool. Thanks, Ken!!!  Do we need to contact those on the list you created that have websites, contacts, etc. and see if they want to join? I just sent an email to the other feed here in AR.

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #143 on: February 25, 2017, 01:38:45 PM »
That's up to you and Mike .. I just thought a list of what *was* available from WU might be helpful in finding stream contributors for the new service.  Pity that more info didn't exist on the WU page.. not even a WU station ID in the listing, and only queries for ZIP code weather (but missing on some station entries).
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
« Reply #144 on: February 25, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
I added the raw WU .htm page and extraction script to the .zip (just thought you may want to amend the script if needed).

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #145 on: February 25, 2017, 02:07:59 PM »
Thanks, Ken!!!!!
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline NDS

« Reply #146 on: February 25, 2017, 05:51:12 PM »
Currently feeding WXL57 Des Moines to wxradio.dyndns.org:8000/NWR/Des_Moines.mp3 Not really sure what else I need to do. Please advise.
Thanks, Nick

• Forecaster
« Reply #147 on: February 25, 2017, 06:15:19 PM »
Currently feeding WXL57 Des Moines to wxradio.dyndns.org:8000/NWR/Des_Moines.mp3 Not really sure what else I need to do. Please advise.
Thanks, Nick
Hi Nick!
We'll get you on the developing NOAAWEATHERRADIO pages as soon as we can. We'll pick you up from dyndns
Mike

One faster way, to be sure, is email me or PM... with info, including your weather site, if you have one, and link to it. Would appreciate FREQ of transmitter, and location, otherwise have to look it up..

Offline Maumelle Weather

• Forecaster
    • Maumelle Weather
« Reply #148 on: February 25, 2017, 06:25:47 PM »
Hi Nick,

Got you added to the map.  Do you have a website you would to add a link to?

John
GR2AE, GR3, Cumulus

Offline NDS

« Reply #149 on: February 25, 2017, 06:36:47 PM »
Thanks Mike, like a lot of other people I appreciate your commitment to weather and work on all this. Don't have a website, I currently feed my weather station to WU (Summit in Johnston, Iowa). Hopefully the information below helps.

Des Moines, Iowa
Call Sign   Power   Frequency   Status
WXL57   1000 W   162.550 MHz   NORMAL

State   County   SAME   Remarks
IA   Adair           019001   
IA   Boone   019015   
IA   Clarke   019039   North
IA   Dallas   019049   
IA   Greene   019073   
IA   Guthrie   019077   
IA   Jasper   019099   
IA   Madison   019121