Author Topic: Barometer graphic quit working?  (Read 783 times)

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Barometer graphic quit working?
« on: September 11, 2014, 10:51:16 AM »
At about 8:10 this morning the barometer meter graphic and chart graphic went to 0? The broadcast and tags still show correctly and the Davis is showing correctly. The dbase shows "0" in that column which is what creates the graphics, but what happened?

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Re: Barometer graphic quit working?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 07:45:36 PM »
After hours and hours of copying, swapping files etc. it appears something in the original VWS is corrupted and blocking the barometer because I did a clean parallel install of the basic system, cleared the Davis and the barometer works telling me the Davis is ok, VWS can receive and display barometer, but where is the corrupt file?

At this point I'm at a loss, it's not the dbase or today's .bin file, it's not any of the dll's on the root directory of VWS, it's not the VWS executable, so where? I really don't want to have to reprogram all the gauges etc., but maybe that's the end result.

Offline stevebrtx

• Forecaster
    • Buchanan Dam Weather
Re: Barometer graphic quit working?
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 04:56:58 PM »
I fought it for another 5 hours today and finally gave up trying to isolate the corrupted file and did a clean install and started over, what a pain. The only good news in this whole thing is that I was just bringing the new station in TX online and so not much was lost.

anything