Author Topic: Can't upgrade VWS  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Can't upgrade VWS
« on: September 06, 2014, 06:47:31 PM »
I did find a similar thread from 2010 (http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=8714.msg83098#msg83098) but there was not a follow up (solution) from poster.  I am having the same problem and figured to start a new thread.

This is the situation - I did an upgrade from v13.01 to 15.0 trying to fix a temp issue.  The upgrade resulted in lost communication with my ISS.  So I reverted back to a saved "folder" of v13.01.  The program was back to running okay - still with temp/humid issue [see below].

After trouble shooting the lost ISS communication I tried again to upgrade to v15.x and now get a message that "no software will be installed or removed".  The installer then quits.

I have removed the VWS Installer folder and installer program folders.  Still no joy.  I know there must be some installer files "hiding" somewhere just not sure where.

System info;
Win 7, VWS 13.01, Weatherlink 6.0.3 with serial USB converter.

I do think an upgrade may fix my temp and humidity problem (they both bottom out to zero every now and then).

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

CW3699

Offline moehoward4

• Forecaster
  • Jack in SE MA.
Re: Can't upgrade VWS
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 07:16:36 PM »
Otis     make sure that you got the full VWS download. In the past I found that error you got showed up for me because it didn't D/L completely. Just a thought.....
3 Davis set-ups...which one ya wanna talk about? And I got ALL my manuals....

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 11:34:52 PM »
Did you fully uninstall the existing version of VWS? Sometimes that needs to be done to get the new version to install correctly.

If all else fails, contact Ed at Ambient and see if he can give you a hand with the upgrade. There may also be something in your registry that is preventing a good install to occur.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 08:00:17 AM »
moehoward4
Pretty sure it is the full download but will verify.

W3DRM
The install usually performs the uninstall but this thought is worth a try.

I did send a message to Ed for his guidance.

Thanks guys for the input, will keep on this.

CW3699

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: Can't upgrade VWS - CLOSED
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 09:00:19 AM »
Update - found another VWS installer folder (it was a hidden file?).  Deleted that.  Downloaded a fresh copy of latest software and installed.

Success so far - all seems to be working.

Thanks for the suggestions!

CW3699

anything