Author Topic: Want to create a site...  (Read 6871 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Want to create a site...
« Reply #75 on: May 30, 2015, 05:03:45 PM »
Im sure everything will go like a charm, if not dont hesitate to ask :)

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #76 on: May 30, 2015, 05:08:45 PM »
Im sure everything will go like a charm, if not dont hesitate to ask :)
Sadly already have a problem :(
When attempting to connect to my D-Link router it says limited and doesn't allow me to set up the router.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2015, 05:22:03 PM »
Where does it say limited? You mean that limited connection icon that often shows up on Win 7 when trying to connect to a wifi network?

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #78 on: May 30, 2015, 05:24:28 PM »
Where does it say limited? You mean that limited connection icon that often shows up on Win 7 when trying to connect to a wifi network?
Yes it has the yellow icon and directly under it says "Limited" an when I try to go to http://dlinkrouter it says "Connection Refused"

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #79 on: May 30, 2015, 05:39:27 PM »
I attached a pic of what comes up after connecting to router.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #80 on: May 30, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »
Yes, this is a common issue with Win 7, sometimes restarting the computer and router helps or try setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and alternative to 8.8.4.4. But usually the restart helps.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #81 on: May 30, 2015, 06:10:25 PM »
Yes, this is a common issue with Win 7, sometimes restarting the computer and router helps or try setting the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and alternative to 8.8.4.4. But usually the restart helps.
ok so I flashed the router with meteobridge and now the led on the router is rapidly flashing green. What does this mean and what do I do next?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #82 on: May 30, 2015, 06:40:15 PM »
OK, I assume what happens now is this:
You turn on your router, it starts flashing green on the right, then after some time it starts flashing rapidly.

If this is the case then this means that:
while the light is flashing slowly, it is looking for IP, if it doesnt get response in some time it "gives up" and starts flashing rapidly.

So if this is the case, then plug your meteobridge router via ethernet to your modem. Then, go to a computer that is connected to the same modem and you have to find what IP address was assigned to your meteobridge router. There are freeware programs that will scan your network or it is often listed in the control panel of your modem. Once you find the IP of your meteobridge (usually something like 192.168.xx.xx) you type that into a browser and you should get a dialog for meteobridge login, where you put meteobridge for both user name and password. Then you should be in the control panel of meteobridge, where you set your station, wireless network etc. And once this is set, you can unplug meteobridge from modem and it will connect wirelessly.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #83 on: May 30, 2015, 06:42:28 PM »
OK, I assume what happens now is this:
You turn on your router, it starts flashing green on the right, then after some time it starts flashing rapidly.

If this is the case then this means that:
while the light is flashing slowly, it is looking for IP, if it doesnt get response in some time it "gives up" and starts flashing rapidly.

So if this is the case, then plug your meteobridge router via ethernet to your modem. Then, go to a computer that is connected to the same modem and you have to find what IP address was assigned to your meteobridge router. There are freeware programs that will scan your network or it is often listed in the control panel of your modem. Once you find the IP of your meteobridge (usually something like 192.168.xx.xx) you type that into a browser and you should get a dialog for meteobridge login, where you put meteobridge for both user name and password. Then you should be in the control panel of meteobridge, where you set your station, wireless network etc. And once this is set, you can unplug meteobridge from modem and it will connect wirelessly.
Do I need to hardwire computer to modem or is having it connected to wifi ok? And it never actually slowly flashed green it just started rapidly flashing after I flashed it with software.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #84 on: May 30, 2015, 07:04:27 PM »
No, your PC doesnt have to be connected via ethernet, because the important thing is they are in the same network. Meteobridge must be via ethernet obviously, because it doesnt have the wifi set up (SSID, password etc.).

With regards to the flashing, the important part you didnt mention is which router you have.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #85 on: May 30, 2015, 07:05:52 PM »
No, your PC doesnt have to be connected via ethernet, because the important thing is they are in the same network. Meteobridge must be via ethernet obviously, because it doesnt have the wifi set up (SSID, password etc.).

With regards to the flashing, the important part you didnt mention is which router you have.
It worked :D
I am now configuring meteobridge!

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #86 on: May 30, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »
Great,

so now the most important things are:
1. set your wifi so that you can later disconnect it from your modem
2. set you station type, lat/lng, elevation
3. change your default metebridge password for access to control panel

Then disconnect your router from the modem, plug it in somewhere near your console and connect your console via USB to the router, turn on and the router should now connect via wifi and you should be able to get to the meteobridge control panel from your PC wirelessly. Then you can set up weather networks, HTTP uploads etc. etc. And in the Live tab you should see the current conditions.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #87 on: May 30, 2015, 07:45:33 PM »
Great,

Then disconnect your router from the modem, plug it in somewhere near your console and connect your console via USB to the router, turn on and the router should now connect via wifi and you should be able to get to the meteobridge control panel from your PC wirelessly. Then you can set up weather networks, HTTP uploads etc. etc. And in the Live tab you should see the current conditions.
Done all of that now working on getting it to upload to website! Just wondering if there is no green check beside a weather network does that mean its configured wrong? CWOP isnt green checkmarked.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #88 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:09 PM »
Yes, if it isnt green something is either wrong with your settings (ID etc.) or the upload hasnt been done yet (depends on the interval).

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #89 on: May 30, 2015, 08:16:49 PM »
Great,

Now how do I get it to upload MBtags.php to my ftp server for use with Saratoga template?

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2015, 08:19:05 PM »
http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-Meteobridge.php

Also useful is to create that unique URL which will allow you to access control panel from anywhere. Otherwise you will only be able to get in from your home network. I sometimes use this to check the state if something is wrong or when I want to change something remotely.

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2015, 08:21:42 PM »
http://saratoga-weather.org/wxtemplates/setup-Meteobridge.php

Also useful is to create that unique URL which will allow you to access control panel from anywhere. Otherwise you will only be able to get in from your home network. I sometimes use this to check the state if something is wrong or when I want to change something remotely.
Sadly that tutorial is way out of date.

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2015, 08:24:22 PM »
On the Push Services tab create a new FTP upload and set it to Periodical and then fill in what is in Ken´s instructions