Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

Vantage Pro2 in Kansas up and going

(1/7) > >>

DRoberts:
With the help of my son in 100 degree heat, my weather station is up and going. I have a lot of learning to do. Thanks to all on this forum who answered questions and posted pictures to help. Appreciate it!

Here is the base part with the ISS. I have other pictures if you want to see them.  :grin: Just let me know. I carry them around in my wallet.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Dave in Kansas

ocala:
Awesome.
Just need a Cocorahs gauge on the backside of the 4X4 and you're good to go.
https://www.cocorahs.org/

jas340:
That is a beautiful install. The satellite dish mount to keep the ISS out like that away from any absorbed heat or wind blockage from the wood post and then the tilt over for the anemometer pole. My VP2 will be here later this week. I think I will borrow your ISS mounting ideas.

DadCooks:
Great looking setup, I have been envisioning the same sort of setup and now I have a great example to follow. My wife might even go for it since she can now see what I have been talking about, particularly because she thinks I am too old (yes, I am) to be climbing on roofs and up towers anymore.

Edit/Add: I suggest you cut down the paper tube concrete form. It will hold water and cause your post to rot, even if it cedar and/or pressure treated. It is best to create a downward sloping cap on the concrete.

DRoberts:
Appreciate the comments. Could not have done it without the information I got on this forum.

Ocala, my cocorahs gauge is about 30 feet away. Been observing for several years. Thanks.

jas340, thanks for the kind remarks. My ideas were taken from this forum.

DadCooks, I've thought about cutting that down. Have to hop to it. I hear thunder. This whole thing took me a lot of planning time and help from my son. Here's a picture (love to share these).  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ] Anemometer is 22 feet above ground level:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version