Author Topic: Logger without the console  (Read 948 times)

Offline stefanbagnato

• Contributor
Logger without the console
« on: June 19, 2015, 10:00:22 PM »
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else, as I have not been able to find it.  I am wondering if I can have the Vantage Pro 2 with a serial logger for the Weatherlink software but not have a console.  I would just use the computer interface as a "console".  Does this make sense, and can it be done?  Or do I have to have a console for the logger to work?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:38:54 PM by stefanbagnato »

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
Re: Logged without the console
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2015, 10:20:54 PM »
Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else, as I have not been able to find it.  I am wondering if I can have the Vantage Pro 2 with a serial logger for the Weatherlink software but not have a console.  I would just use the computer interface as a "console".  Does this make sense, and can it be done?  Or do I have to have a console for the logger to work?

The logger plugs into the console to get its data.  In other words, you must have a console.

You could get an Envoy (which is a console without a display) at a slightly lower price, if you don't need a display. 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 10:22:32 PM by dalecoy »

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Logger without the console
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 12:21:41 AM »
One word:  Meteostick
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything