Author Topic: How do I display NOAA monthly reports in Weatherlink other than current month??  (Read 2879 times)

Offline geswho

I don't seem to be able to select other than the current month when viewing NOAA reports in Weatherlink.

Any suggestions out there?   Cheers

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
I looked and it only shows this month as option. One of the reasons 3rd party software are popular.
Randy

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
I looked and it only shows this month as option. One of the reasons 3rd party software are popular.

Not exactly.  NOAA reports can be run for any month in the current database.
Reports: Generate NOAA Monthly Summary
The software can automatically generate a report similar to monthly NOAA weather watcher reports using the information in your database and NOAA Setup information.

1. Select NOAA Summarize Month from the Reports menu.

If you want a NOAA monthly summary using all existing data for the current month, select NOAA This Month from the Report menu, click on the NOAA icon in the toolbar, or press F7.

2. Select a month from the list.

<dialog box showing available months>

3. Enter the desired file name into the Export File text box.

Whenever you create a monthly summary, the software automatically saves an export file (ASCII text) that contains the report information. You can enter the desired file name in this text box or use the default file name.

You must enter a different file name if you want to create more than one report. For example, you may wish to create a report for every month in a year. In this case you would need to name each report something different.

4. Click OK.

The software generates the NOAA Monthly Summary.

5. To close the report, click Close from the File menu, press Ctrl-F4, or double-click on the Control menu in the upper left corner of the window.

Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Under summarize, I see. Very unfamiliar with WL obviously and plan to keep it that way.  :grin:
Randy

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Just to keep this thread going but on another angle.
I was viewing the Summarize Year option and I noticed that the rainfall data is not correct.
I have a Cocorahs gauge that I have mounted next to the tipper gauge. I use data from  the plastic gauge as the official data because I believe it's more accurate. Anyways at the end of each month I enter the cocorahs data in place of the tipper gauge. When viewing the above report the software still uses the old data even the rain database reflects the plastic gauge.
The only reason I can think of would be that I enter the data as a monthly total not day by day.

Offline geswho

Thanks for the responses. Have finally come to grips with the NOAA reports. Cheers

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
I've noticed that if I'm working on the ISS and forget to put the console in standby and rain records, that when you erase it on the console, it will erase on the console and the Vantage bulletin, but not the summary page. Quite frustrating.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Just to keep this thread going but on another angle.
I was viewing the Summarize Year option and I noticed that the rainfall data is not correct.
I have a Cocorahs gauge that I have mounted next to the tipper gauge. I use data from  the plastic gauge as the official data because I believe it's more accurate. Anyways at the end of each month I enter the cocorahs data in place of the tipper gauge. When viewing the above report the software still uses the old data even the rain database reflects the plastic gauge.
The only reason I can think of would be that I enter the data as a monthly total not day by day.

Yes...I do my corrections (if needed) daily by clicking the the "Browse station data" button. http://screencast.com/t/JGb32gu4WzL

...then double clicking the 11:59 pm entry. http://screencast.com/t/m2fDKm5ic

...and enter the additional rain under "Rain". http://screencast.com/t/jAp5tkSLO   (if you have too much rain, you can select an interval with recorded rain and adjust that value)
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

anything