Author Topic: Storing an ISS  (Read 1667 times)

Offline 4wd

• Forecaster
    • North York Moors weather
Storing an ISS
« on: September 12, 2012, 02:58:04 PM »
I'm running on a VP2 now but want to keep my Vue - used for 2 years - ready to go, as or when some issue stops the VP2 for a while.
Obviously I took the battery out but is the capacitor and such OK left discharged - or should I perhaps run the thing say twice a year?

Offline William Grimsley

• Forecaster
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
Re: Storing an ISS
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »
Hi 4wd,

Should be ok discharged as when you get the Vue (or any weather station in that fact!) it has not got the battery in so it should be ok discharged.

Though if you want to be on the safe side you could run it occasionally.

Will
http://www.newton-poppleford-weather.co.uk
Davis Vantage Vue - Cumulus v1.9.4 (1084)
Weather Underground: IDEVONEX12
Met Office WOW: 717144
PWS Weather: ENG128597

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 06:33:09 PM »
I'm running on a VP2 now but want to keep my Vue - used for 2 years - ready to go, as or when some issue stops the VP2 for a while.
Obviously I took the battery out but is the capacitor and such OK left discharged - or should I perhaps run the thing say twice a year?

I'd make sure there is no packing material touching the anny cups that could apply pressure on them causing them to take a new form over time.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 10:16:17 PM »

Running the Vue (twice a year or whatever) would have no helpful effect to any component, including the capacitor.  Don't bother.