Author Topic: New user, WGR800 confusion  (Read 4770 times)

Offline xyzzy

New user, WGR800 confusion
« on: December 25, 2010, 08:22:57 PM »
I got the weather station I wanted for Christmas, a WMR80A with  WGR800 and two remote temp/humidity sensors.

None of them came with any instructions.  I found the instructions for the WMR80A on the internet and it briefly mentions the WGR800 but I can't find any instructions for the mounting hardware for the WGR800.  I think I've figured it out, but some instructions would be nice, are there any that anyone can point it?

The WMR80A instructions for setting up the WGR800 unit just say: "Ensure that the wind sensor is pointing North to enable it to record accurate readings."

What does that mean?  Hold the wind sensor vane at North while putting batteries in?  Point it at North and press reset? 

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
Re: New user, WGR800 confusion
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, 08:47:04 PM »
      You just have to point the vane to North using a compass and then make sure that the console is reading North as well.  After that I had my friend turn the vane to each point on the compass and made sure they all agreed on the console.  Then make sure everything is tight and let it do it's thing. I hope this is helpfull.  I am sure someone else here has had some experience with this model station.  Good Luck!!
     Oh, and Welcome to the forum! 
         Mark 

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
Generally the housing will have an tick mark it which is use to align the north pointer with your arm of your mount will be  pointing north an the tick mark will be on the south end.  Move the vane around as you  box the compass  rose on the console to see if they align.

If you use an compass make sure you add or subtract the ddeviation for your area to get true north.

Offline Viper

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 11:30:21 AM »
I just had the arm pointing north.  Seems to be working ok....

Looks like this:

Offline Downlinerz2

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 06:15:09 PM »
   Looks good.  As long as your readings are accurrate all is well.
I just had the arm pointing north.  Seems to be working ok....
Looks like this: