Author Topic: Both of my stations are down  (Read 3252 times)

Offline railrode1

Re: Both of my stations are down
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 08:06:17 PM »
Awesome, I'm very happy you're both working now and got a smile out of the nod in your station message jas340, thanks!

What took place last week was the biggest upgrade to PWS ingest in 15 years.  I know it doesn't seem like it because of the problems, but it was a huge prerequisite to moving things back in the right direction.

Thanks for the update! Upgrades are part of the biz. It would help the community understand better if we are given a heads up anytime there's an outage or disruption, that affects the masses.
Davis Vantage Pro2 + Wireless

Offline rcleenyaz

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 02:31:22 PM »
    Specifically, make sure ID's and passwords/upload keys are typed correctly - correct case and no extra spaces!  If you wrote your own software make sure the query arguments are properly encoded, especially special characters in passwords and software type.[/li]
    [/list]
    I reread gopher's post and noticed the comment about spaces. I checked and my user ID had spaces before and after. wview was not adding the "%20" while Chrome was. I removed the spaces and now my station is reporting again.

Thanks gopher

Offline Mtnviper

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 07:23:40 PM »
    There are a few issues being discussed here which I'll try to shed some light on:
    • Bad rapidfire updates on the dashboard: should be resolved.  Due to a backlogged queue, the data you were seeing was in many cases hours old.  This did not impact the accuracy of archive records.
    • Jumping air temperature: should also be resolved.  This was specific to certain stations which had multiple air temperature sensors.
    • Upload 4xx errors: as it's obvious at this point, some changes were made last Tuesday (which I hope to explain further in a future message).  One effect is stricter enforcement of HTTP requests.  If you're still experiencing upload errors please make sure your software is sending a valid HTTP GET request. Specifically, make sure ID's and passwords/upload keys are typed correctly - correct case and no extra spaces!  If you wrote your own software make sure the query arguments are properly encoded, especially special characters in passwords and software type.
    Hey Gopher,
    Are you a Weather Underground employee?