Author Topic: Can GR3 web publishing be set to start automatically?  (Read 16515 times)

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Re: Can GR3 web publishing be set to start automatically?
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2011, 01:12:33 PM »
Take it out.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:15 PM »
What Steve said. 

I think I actually added that line to the base script I borrowed.  I have a "dot" top right on my desktop view that I used to make sure the view was perfectly centered.  The dot was just a city added to my placefile that was off the uploaded view, but that I could use for reference. I found it easiest way back when to maxize first then drill down.  And also during my trial and error setup, I kept changing parameters till I lined up with my dot.

Andrew

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2011, 02:23:33 PM »
Guess i'll have to join in on this. Then I wont have to call home and say:
"Can you start the upstairs computer...etc etc."

Why it can restart and publish automagically in the 1st place escapes me  :???:
Tony

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2011, 02:41:03 PM »
I was making the tech/wife call at least once a week during my placefile caused ftp to stop 4 months.   

old way.
close gr3 - start gr3 - max window - scroll in twice - drag to put dot in top right - file - web publish - ok.

This is a little easier
close Gr3 - click autostartgr3.exe

Luckily have not had to do this method since automating it.  Of course not I could just tell here to restart windows then walk away.

Guess i'll have to join in on this. Then I wont have to call home and say:
"Can you start the upstairs computer...etc etc."

What are you talking about, "most" users dont even want or use publishing.  How dare you make a suggestion like that.  That's it, no GR3 for you.  :twisted:

Why it can restart and publish automagically in the 1st place escapes me  :???:

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2011, 02:47:15 PM »
Steve told me he had "no intention of adding auto startup for web publishing."

I've created multiple startup files now, I need to work on the scrolling part but everything else works.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 03:34:15 PM by DaculaWeather »

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 03:49:28 PM »
Not sure why he couldn't make it auto start ftp. Oh well.
Tony

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »
Got the scrolling thing worked out.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2011, 03:59:50 PM »
He could, that's the point.
My soup nutsi paraquote....

I have seen it in my questions at the grlevelx forum, and others who ask or are trying to troubleshoot basic ftp/publishing issues.   The "true Met" and EMS types dont see any place for fancy websites in the Gr3 product space... basically kicking you out of the line up if you push the point.  And there was one comment by "Mike" about how he never would have included ftp ability if he knew it would cause so many issues.

I think we have a pretty good solution now, so onward I guess.

Andrew

Not sure why he couldn't make it auto start ftp. Oh well.

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2011, 04:04:53 PM »
I'd be happy if he'd create the images locally and let me upload!

I have about 3 or 4 of these scripts working, one that picks a site, zooms, scrolls, then starts publishing, the others load various sites and zoom and then begin publishing.

You could turn off products or basically whatever you want it to do.

Online CNYWeather

• Forecaster
    • CNYWeather
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2011, 04:40:43 PM »
I like your idea. GR3 creates a folder full of images and you do what you want with them  :-)
Tony

Offline AWL

• Forecaster
    • Ardmore Weather Live
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2011, 05:27:48 PM »
 And there was one comment by "Mike" about how he never would have included ftp ability if he knew it would cause so many issues.
Sometimes I wonder how many people buy GR3 just because of the FTP ability. I know thats the reason I bought it. Thinking about starting a poll to see how many use this feature...Mike might be surprised and maybe add more support. But then again I may be wrong and most people don't even use the FTP.

Doug

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2011, 05:28:45 PM »
It made more sense than creating the images on the fly and uploading at the same time. But what do I know?  :grin:
But that way he wouldn't have to worry about FTP and THEN could auto start the publishing process, or at least make it an option. I also think you should be able to create a "site" file that has all the settings for that site that you want, basically like File, Save, Settings. Pretty simple. Then you load it by using a command line option like grlevel3.exe /s=ffc.cfg or something. You could have a cfg for every site in the country if you wanted.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 05:44:50 PM by DaculaWeather »

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
    • Southern Maryland Weather
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
Well I dl'd the AutoIt program and created my script. If I execute it from AutoIt it works great! But, when I complied it and tried running it from StartWatch, it pauses the scripts unitl you "un-pause" it. Any solutions?

Jim

Offline humanpj

• Oklahoma Weather
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2011, 05:19:29 PM »
i can provide you a bat file to do this if you want.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2011, 05:52:29 PM »
Jim,
What happens when you run the compiled exe by itself?

Andrew

Well I dl'd the AutoIt program and created my script. If I execute it from AutoIt it works great! But, when I complied it and tried running it from StartWatch, it pauses the scripts unitl you "un-pause" it. Any solutions?

Jim

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »
I used AutoHotKey instead of AutoIt.

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2011, 09:50:37 PM »
Jim,
What happens when you run the compiled exe by itself?

Andrew

Jim

When I complied it and tried running it from StartWatch, it pauses the scripts (exe) unitl you "un-pause" it.

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2011, 06:08:52 AM »
Jim
I understand that.

So
a) within autoit program the script runs fine, and GR3 opens as you wish
b) the executible compiled by autoit when started within Startwatch ends up "pausing"

I was asking what happens when
c) you just dbl click on the executible

I had issues the first time using startwatch because other apps that startwatch opened became the "active" window, and the script will only continue if GR3 is the active one.  So I resolved by putting in a "start 5 minutes after starwatch launches" for the gr3 autoit executible.

So if c works the same way as a) then I suggest you try the same setup in startwatch.

Andrew

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2011, 07:56:50 AM »
LOL sorry Andrew. Wasn't sure what ou were asking. I timed out the startup in Startwatch to 5 mins. The AutoIt icon appears in the icon tray when it is launched... GRLevel3 does NOT maximize. If you just click on the compiled-script (exe) icon, it works fine. I will try messing iwth it when I get home later...Other than than it works great and sets up GRLevel 3 just perfectly....

Jim

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2011, 08:02:26 AM »
Jim
Figured it was a failure to communicate, a common issue with weather station stuff  :lol:

The pause issue I had was when I ported my script from xp machine to win7, ass u me'd it would work, but forgot the x86 part of the win 7 setup.  Once I changed that on xp with autoit, the re-compiled worked.  but that is not your issue.  Be interested to see what it was when you resolve it.

andrew

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2011, 08:06:46 AM »
Here's a sample script from AutoHotKey where I load GRL3, zoom in, scroll, and start web publishing:

-------------------------------
Run, C:\Program Files\GRLevelX\GRLevel3\grlevel3.exe
WinWait, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
IfWinNotActive, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3, , WinActivate, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
WinWaitActive, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
Send, {ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}v{ENTER}{ALTDOWN}{ALTUP}fw{ENTER  2}
WinWait, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
IfWinNotActive, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3, , WinActivate, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
WinWaitActive, KFFC Atlanta`, GA - GRLevel3,
MouseClickDrag, left,  677,  239, 498,  419

-----------------------------------
I especially like the recorder part. Just start and stop and just copy and paste the code, it's that simple!

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
UPDATE!

It Works! I wasn't giving enought time for the whole process to complete...Ahh sucess!

Thanks All,

Jim

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2011, 06:28:35 AM »
Excellent Jim

Andrew

Offline SoMDWx

• Forecaster
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2011, 07:43:41 AM »
Thanks Andrew....

It really took some time for GRLevel 3 to finally come up and do its stuff but it works great! NOw to find out why my ImageSalsa keeps locking up the entire computer after several days...  It appeared somewhile ago. I suspect a Windows update somewhere... #-o

Jim
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:01:30 AM by SoMDWx »

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2011, 07:48:54 AM »
Glad its working, but surprised it takes so long.   Even on my old pc it was instant.

Andrew