Author Topic: Wunderground Graphics  (Read 1135 times)

Offline Greg Stenberg

• Greg's Weather Page
Wunderground Graphics
« on: July 23, 2014, 10:40:39 AM »
Greetings everyone.  For almost 2 weeks, a Weather Underground radar thumbnail image that I've used for ages (and one that was included in the default VWS templates from Ambient) appears to have stopped working/updating, and I can't seem to find a suitable replacement.  I've been back and forth with William at WU, and while he's been helpful, we still haven't found a replacement.  The link to my site is www.gregstenberg.com/weather/weather.php, and the radar graphic in question is the thumbnail-ish radar graphic seen under the Local Radar title (to the left of Other Radar Graphics and Local Satellite) relatively close to the top of the page that shows radar for SE Texas.  The link I've been using as the image source is http://icons.wxug.com/data/nids/HGX19_thumb_t_mm.jpg.  When clicked, the link takes you to an up-to-date radar image, so that's not the problem - it is the thumbnail-ish (192 x 192 pixels) graphic not updating that is.  Does anyone know if that URL has changed, and if so, what it might have changed to?  If not, any suggestions on what I might use as a replacement graphic?  I like that graphic as a quick glance to see what's moving around the area, and I also use it as the only graphic in a stripped-down mobile version I use pretty frequently when away from home.  Many thanks in advance!

Offline McLouthWX

• Jefferson County Weather Live
Re: Wunderground Graphics
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 01:05:59 PM »
When I pull up your web page I see the graphic. Is it not updating (can't tell), or not showing up at all?

Ken
If you aren't confused, then you weren't paying attention.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 02:20:59 PM »
When I pull up your web page I see the graphic. Is it not updating (can't tell), or not showing up at all?

Ken

I see the same thing. I don't think the small jpg is a current image, as it doesn't match the jpg you see when you click on the thumbnail.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 03:57:17 PM »
Greg,

Why don't you try this for your thumbnail...

http://icons.wunderground.com/data/nids/HGX19_thumb_t.jpg

Steve

Offline Greg Stenberg

• Greg's Weather Page
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 04:31:54 PM »
Hello everyone.  Thanks a bunch for the replies!  Yes, the image shows up on my page, but it is an outdated image.  It has been showing the same thing without updating for almost 2 weeks now.

Steve:  wow, where (how) did you find that?  It is a smidge smaller than what I've been using at 140x140 (rather than 192x192) but if this is the new format, hey, I'll take it over an outdated image.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:35 PM »
Greg,

With all the changes Wunderground has made over the last couple of years, they've actually left their older website in place. You can find it at classic.wunderground.com

When I'm not able to find something I'm looking for on their "current" site, I'll go back to "classic" and can usually find it.

Steve

anything