Author Topic: Meteobridge to weatherlink via TCP/IP  (Read 726 times)

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
Meteobridge to weatherlink via TCP/IP
« on: August 15, 2019, 10:33:25 PM »
I installed bootcamp on my old iMac and installed WeatherLink.

I was able to get the ip address of my meteobridge and set that as the remote ip address for the communications port. I turned on network upload and entered my weatherlink.com information and it has been working great for the past few days, but now it seems it can not longer access my meteobridge. I get an error saying, "Cannot establish connection since port is already in use. Please disconnect the device and connect it again."

I have tried rebooting my meteobridge, but this error keeps appearing. I don't know how this port is already in use if this has been working fine for the past few days. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Re: Meteobridge to weatherlink via TCP/IP
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 07:54:35 AM »
I installed bootcamp on my old iMac and installed WeatherLink.

I was able to get the ip address of my meteobridge and set that as the remote ip address for the communications port. I turned on network upload and entered my weatherlink.com information and it has been working great for the past few days, but now it seems it can not longer access my meteobridge. I get an error saying, "Cannot establish connection since port is already in use. Please disconnect the device and connect it again."

I have tried rebooting my meteobridge, but this error keeps appearing. I don't know how this port is already in use if this has been working fine for the past few days. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?

It could be in the windows side that is unable to communicate. Has the windows machine done updates recently? Any firewall or AV installed?

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

Offline cbull23

• Student - Meteorology PSU 2022
    • Weather Underground
Re: Meteobridge to weatherlink via TCP/IP
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 10:51:41 AM »
I think I may have figured out my problem. Somehow, I had two WeatherLink windows open trying to connect to my meteobridge using the same port. After closing one of the windows, WeatherLink is able to communicate with my meteobridge and download the data.
My Sites
WU: KNJMONTV22
CWOP: FW2458
PWS: KNJMONTV22
NWS: FW2458