Author Topic: Nano SD DB Import... Taking too long? Read here!  (Read 498 times)

Offline txweather.org

• Forecaster
    • Texas Weather
Nano SD DB Import... Taking too long? Read here!
« on: July 12, 2019, 02:08:14 AM »
So it has been a real struggle to import months of data to the Nano SD DB..... Not only importing a full month of data would lockup the DB and prevented the Nano from updating my sites, It took well over 45Min and at times over 1hr to import!

When you have years of data this becomes a real task, One that I have been working since day one of my Nano... Thats about 2 months now.

Today doing some testing I found that if I get a month and brake that full month of data in to individual sensors per month than importing data to the Nano SD DB becomes faster and more efficient.

I went from 45Min/1Hr per month file down to 3Min per month sensor. I went from doing a year in a week+ to doing a year in one hour+ or less.

So if you have lots of data to import and you are suffering from this.... Give this  a try. Importing smaller files/sensors does not lock up your DB. :)

Hope this helps!

----
Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus +FARS|Meteobridge Nano SD|Meteohub|Meteobridge MR-3020|WU KTXSPRIN75/PWS JRARGWX75/CWOP EW2972/WBB TXWDVUE75/Blitzortung ID: 1142|AWEKAS: 12095
Donations are welcome: https://paypal.me/ffuentesb

anything