Author Topic: Generate NOAA reports using Meteobridge uploaded data?  (Read 15620 times)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: Generate NOAA reports using Meteobridge uploaded data?
« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2016, 04:40:39 AM »
Firstly, hank you for this fantastic script!

Due to rounding of temperature decimals, the highs, lows, average and mean temperatures are quite different to those actually reported.

Is there any way to preserve the decimals throughout the script, as with the rainfall?

Secondly I notice the rainfall figures are also slightly different from those recorded. For example 0.2mm shows as 0.3mm. I presume this is a WU issue, converting from inches to mm?

Finally is there any way to ADD historical data to Weather Underground? I know that you can delete bad historical data but I am missing four days in April due to hardware failure, which will skew the April and seasonal averages.

Thanks in advance,

Simon
This should not occur:
the highs, lows, average and mean temperatures are quite different to those actually reported.

Most minor inconsistencies (0.3 mm <=> 0.2 mm) come from different units used by WU and your website.
But with larger numbers they should be very close (12.3 mm <=> 12.2 mm)

To check I need the URL of the scripts you are using.

===

Rainfall is always displayed with one (mm) or two decimals (inch).

All other values can also be displayed with decimals,  by adapting the settings inside the script.
BUT that will add two positions for every value displayed. Most websites do not have enough room (width) to display the tables with those two extra positions used.

Bur let first check why there are "quit different" values.

Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2016, 05:13:49 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply.

Both scripts are running on my website here, the top one yours and the lower one using Cumulus data to 11th April, when my PC failed: -

http://cloudyskies.uk/spireweather/observations.htm

Displaying all data to ONE decimal place would be useful.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2016, 05:25:23 AM »
Thank you for your quick reply.

Both scripts are running on my website here, the top one yours and the lower one using Cumulus data to 11th April, when my PC failed: -

http://cloudyskies.uk/spireweather/observations.htm

Displaying all data to ONE decimal place would be useful.
ALWAYS make a copy of the scripts folder, just to be safe.

Script spireweather/wsreports/wsReports1part.php
Line 235 reads now:
Code: [Select]
$round = 0;change to
$round = 1;
$numFormat = '%01.1f';

Success, Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2016, 06:53:14 AM »
Thank you Wim, that's perfect. Can this also be changed for Barometric pressure, so that it shows to one decimal point?

I now have errors when selecting Wund and Gust...

"Notice: Undefined index: mph in /home/cloudys1/public_html/spireweather/wsreports/wsReportsFunctions.php on line 35"

See live table on my website for details.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #54 on: April 21, 2016, 07:18:30 AM »
Thank you Wim, that's perfect. Can this also be changed for Barometric pressure, so that it shows to one decimal point?

I now have errors when selecting Wund and Gust...

"Notice: Undefined index: mph in /home/cloudys1/public_html/spireweather/wsreports/wsReportsFunctions.php on line 35"

See live table on my website for details.
Then you are using an older version with mh code and not mph. Attached the latest version.

For barometric pressure you can apply the same adaptions.
line 273 should read now
$round = 0;change to
$round = 1;
$numFormat = '%01.1f';
Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #55 on: April 21, 2016, 07:38:03 AM »
Thank you Wim,

That's sorted the wind & gust errors. However you may wish to update the files on your website, as I downloaded them from your site yesterday evening.

I made the change to the baro rounding but all readings showed as ".0", so I guess Weather Underground must do the rounding themselves?

Do you know of any way to add missing data to WU?
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2016, 08:07:23 AM »
Thank you Wim,

That's sorted the wind & gust errors. However you may wish to update the files on your website, as I downloaded them from your site yesterday evening.
I will check the upload contents shortly.
I made the change to the baro rounding but all readings showed as ".0", so I guess Weather Underground must do the rounding themselves?
This is your data file as read from WU
http://www.cloudyskies.uk/spireweather/wsreports/wuData/ISTURMIN5-year-2016.txt
There are no decimals in the data file for pressure, only when loading an US based station file they sometimes can be in inches.
Do you know of any way to add missing data to WU?
When logged in go to your dashboard https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=ISTURMIN5
Select the correct period and you can edit the values by clicking the  edit button at the start of the TABLE display

But as far as I know they will not appear in your download.  Only the data WU accepted with a normal upload will be in the file.
But you can check yourself by updating 1 day in the yearly view and clicking the download button next to the edit button.

Success, Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2016, 08:24:13 AM »
As far as I can see, that method only allows me to delete data points, not add or edit them.

Am I missing something?
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #58 on: April 21, 2016, 08:51:43 AM »
As far as I can see, that method only allows me to delete data points, not add or edit them.

Am I missing something?
It is a long time ago I had to do that. Maybe they changed it. You should ask the same question in a separate thread on this forum?

Wim

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #59 on: April 21, 2016, 09:15:48 AM »

Am I missing something?
I don't see a way to edit it on WU either. You could add it manually to your ISTURMIN5-year-2016.txt file - but I don't remember if the script overwrites the whole file each day, or just adds a line. If it overwrites the entire file, you may have to wait until January 1, 2017 to add it to the 2016 file. I know the past few years I've had to manually add the data for December 31 of each year to my ...-year-20##.txt file.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 09:17:44 AM by mjc775 »
I had a Heathkit anemometer and barometer in the 1980s.  After a hiatus, in 2014 I purchased a cabled Davis Vantage Pro2.
WeatherLink IP, MeteoBridge, Meteoplug Cloud.
WU: KNVRENO97, CWOP: N7FEQ, MESOWEST/MADIS ID: AU849
Reno NW Weather

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2016, 02:10:50 PM »
Thanks mjc775, it would be so much easier to be able to edit data but I don't suppose WU will allow that.

Regards,
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 03:29:40 AM by WessexWeather »
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2016, 03:35:12 AM »
Morning Wim,

I've noticed this morning that Raindays and YTD total are not displaying within my rainfall data: -

http://www.wessexweather.net/observations.htm

This is the error log: -

[01-May-2016 07:25:35 UTC] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cloudys1/public_html/wsreports/wsReportsDaily.php on line 164
[01-May-2016 07:25:54 UTC] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in /home/cloudys1/public_html/wsreports/wsReportsDaily.php on line 164

Any idea why?

Thanks, Simon
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 04:10:40 AM by WessexWeather »
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2016, 03:50:03 AM »
Morning Wim,

I've noticed this morning that Raindays and YTD total are not displaying within my rainfall data: -

Any idea why?

Thanks, Simon
They display, but black letters on black background makes them invisible.

Check:  run the script stand-alone, not in an iframe:
http://www.wessexweather.net/wsreports/startReports.php?lang=en    Select rain => go 
The data is displayed, see attached image

The table rows for these two data-sets can not be colored as there is no "Colour key" for these values.
So they are displayed against the background color using transparent as background color.
Check wsreports.css 
.level_nocolor {
    background-color: transparent;
    border: 1px solid #22464F;
    text-align: center;
    padding: 2px;
    font-weight:bold;
    font-size: 85%;
}
Adapt it to your liking, "white"  will do.

Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2016, 04:18:42 AM »
Wim, you're a genius!

Is it possible to adjust year-to-day or monthly rainfall data in the table at all? Mine are incorrect due to station failure in mid April.

Simon.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2016, 04:20:40 AM »
Wim, you're a genius!

Is it possible to adjust year-to-day or monthly rainfall data in the table at all? Mine are incorrect due to station failure in mid April.

Simon.
Data for the current year is reloaded every day.  So garbage (=errors)  in => garbage out.
Next year you can modify the 2016 data file to clean up.

Wim

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2016, 08:58:46 AM »
I've just noticed that all my Weather Underground data prior to 7th September 2016 has disappeared!

Anyone else have issues, or can offer an explanation? It was certainly all there a few days ago...

Edit: I notice the same problem here: - http://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 09:05:47 AM by WessexWeather »
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 09:07:42 AM »
This discussion http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=30339.0 should give you a hint...

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline WessexWeather

• WessexWeather
« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 12:36:59 PM »
Oh dear. Thanks for the link but this is VERY bad news. Just hope it's a temporary 'glitch'.
Cheers,

Simon (WessexWeather)

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2019, 03:08:00 AM »
I just noticed that data at my site https://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php hasn't updated in a few weeks. Others that have posted links in this topic also stopped getting data recently. However @wvdkuil is still getting current data. Could this be the discontinuation of the WU API causing this? Is there a solution yet?

I noticed when looking at my PWS on WU, there is now an 8-character "Station key" listed under my Station ID, which I don't recall seeing before. Perhaps a new API key for PWS owners?
I had a Heathkit anemometer and barometer in the 1980s.  After a hiatus, in 2014 I purchased a cabled Davis Vantage Pro2.
Reno NW Weather

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2019, 03:25:56 AM »
Doesn't MB have a NOAA specific template now?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2019, 03:58:06 AM »
I just noticed that data at my site https://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php hasn't updated in a few weeks. Others that have posted links in this topic also stopped getting data recently. However @wvdkuil is still getting current data. Could this be the discontinuation of the WU API causing this? Is there a solution yet?

I noticed when looking at my PWS on WU, there is now an 8-character "Station key" listed under my Station ID, which I don't recall seeing before. Perhaps a new API key for PWS owners?
When I access your WU data I only get data until December 15, 2018 No data after that date.
This is the URL used in the scripts to get data for 2019, no data returned (at least at 2019-01-03 08:00 UTC):
https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNVRENO97&month=01&day=01&year=2019&format=1&graphspan=year
For 2018 all data until December 15th:
https://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNVRENO97&month=01&day=01&year=2018&format=1&graphspan=year

When I go to your stations dashboard at WU and try to check the data in the table there, same result, only data until Dec 15
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNVRENO97#history/s20171231/e20190101/myear
Probably just a temporary "hiccup"  on WU's server. Nothing to do with their new API plans a.s.o. (I hope)

Wim
« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 04:00:29 AM by wvdkuil »

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2019, 10:32:11 AM »
Probably just a temporary "hiccup"  on WU's server. Nothing to do with their new API plans a.s.o. (I hope)
Thanks for clarifying how the data is being retrieved to present in the coloured tables. I just noticed something when looking at the WU dashboard: Beginning December 16 (currently the last date of data that shows up on the coloured tables), data displays on the Weather History Graphs/Tables below - but not in the Summary above. So something weird is going on at WU.
-------
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

--- NO DATA IN SUMMARY BEGINNING DECEMBER 16 ---

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

« Last Edit: January 03, 2019, 10:35:10 AM by mjc775 »
Reno NW Weather

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2019, 11:40:01 AM »
Doesn't MB have a NOAA specific template now?
Something that can be displayed in colored charts like this?... https://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php
If I can bypass retrieving my data from WU, I'm all for it.
Reno NW Weather

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2019, 11:38:55 AM »
Thanks for clarifying how the data is being retrieved to present in the coloured tables. I just noticed something when looking at the WU dashboard: Beginning December 16 (currently the last date of data that shows up on the coloured tables), data displays on the Weather History Graphs/Tables below - but not in the Summary above. So something weird is going on at WU.
Seems it is OK now?
The data of January is in the table visible again: https://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php

Wim

Offline mjc775

• Reno NW Weather
« Reply #74 on: January 04, 2019, 03:16:49 PM »
Seems it is OK now?
The data of January is in the table visible again: https://wx.ctreno.com/wsreports/startReports.php
Thanks for letting me know. However, the last half of December is still missing from the coloured tables - but it looks like the Daily Summarys are again available on the WU site. I should be able to easily manually download the .csv file and add the missing data to the file on the website.

Crisis averted.
Reno NW Weather

anything