Author Topic: Flash videos  (Read 2391 times)

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
Flash videos
« on: November 02, 2009, 07:47:29 PM »
Does anyone convert their movies to Flash video for online viewing with Adobe/Macromedia Flash Player?

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
Re: Flash videos
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
A few using the WD video creation are using the flash side of it and it works very well for them
I prefer the wmv side of it due to some folks dont like to use flash in there browsers!
Kind regards
Bashy

Offline Albuquerque Weather

• Senior Contributor
    • Albuquerque Amateur Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 01:16:34 PM »
Hey Buddy

What do you want from the movie.

Mine are flash and are created and uploaded via a batch file.

Ron

Offline Cienega32

• Forecaster
    • East Mesa Weather
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 03:32:06 PM »
I've been playing with Jalbum recently (it's only been on my drive for 6 years...  :roll:) and would like a better way to display video. Something that might not be CODEC dependent for the viewer but also streams without pre-loading. Some are big and the load times are silly. I don't want to sacrifice quality for smaller file sizes.

I've always been "Flash enabled" so I don't know where the general population sits with Flash files. On the Adobe site, they say that YouTube and the like use that format so I was thinking that it might be a format that's more accessible to people.

Pat ~ Davis VP2 6153-Weatherlink-Weather Display-StartWatch-VirtualVP-Win7 Pro-64bit
www.LasCruces-Weather.com   www.EastMesaWeather.com

Offline Albuquerque Weather

• Senior Contributor
    • Albuquerque Amateur Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2009, 04:01:12 PM »
FLV Player is uploaded to server - works gr8 & free
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 04:34:58 PM by ABQWX »

Offline tbweather

• Contributor
    • Tawas Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 04:29:16 PM »
I'm using a flash creating program from CoffeeCup software http://www.coffeecup.com/video-player/ to put short video clips on my website. http://www.tawasbayweather.com/webcamclips.htm and http://www.tawasbayweather.com/videoclips.htm.

It's a not-very-fancy program but it works for what I need. Cost is $39 and they have a 21 day trial to see if you like it.

Offline gsownsby

• ScenicCityWeather.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 06:22:33 PM »
You might want to check out www.bitsontherun.com.  It can convert your video into various web-ready formats.  They have a free account.  The video runs from their high speed server.  We have used it for several months.
VWS/WeatherFlash/WeatherLinkIP/Davis Vantage VUE/LaCrosse WS-2310 TWC/HeavyWeather/Panasonic Webcam/CW5013

anything