Author Topic: Questions Regarding Archived Data  (Read 2977 times)

Offline NorthNJwx

• Senior Contributor
Questions Regarding Archived Data
« on: March 15, 2011, 09:08:23 PM »
I've been uploading to PWSweather.com/WeatherForYou since October '08 and haven't had any problems with sending my data. Today I was looking at some random days in my PWSWeather archive, though, and found a few issues I would like to inquire about:

1. During standard time, my records are always exactly one hour off. This applies to 08-09, 09-10, and 10-11. During daylight savings time, my records are listed under the correct times. The clocks on my computer/VP2 console/etc. have all been changed at each clock change, so I know the problem isn't there. It seems that the times for PWSWeather are kept in daylight savings year round.

2. "Daily Precip Total" is always way too low (even though it looks like "precip" is an accurate representation of past hour precip and "precip rate" seems to be accurate as well).

3. The highs, lows, and averages in the box above the tabular data are often wrong, though this isn't a big issue to me because I can just find these values in the tabular data.

4. In the graphs section, when I click on "view detailed graph," no graph is shown. On Firefox, a blank space appears where the graph should be, and on IE I just get a red X.

It might be important to note that the software I've always used for uploading to PWSWeather is WxSolution. Today I actually changed that responsibility to Cumulus because I wanted a different averaging period for wind speed to be uploaded to PWSWeather, but I'm not sure if any of the above issues will change at all after the switch.

Offline LFWX

• Forecaster
  • Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio
    • Liberty Fairfield Weather Center
Re: Questions Regarding Archived Data
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 05:15:15 PM »
Precipitation data for me has always been wrong, I believe it's a common problem.
Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Fan Aspirated
Software: Virtual Weather Station V14.00p64
www.LFWeatherCenter.com
CWOP: DW1039
CoCoRaHS: OH-BT-1
Weather Underground: KOHHAMIL7
Weather For You: DW1039
Midwestern Weather Network

anything