Author Topic: WS-1090 issue after replacing batteries  (Read 1893 times)

Offline burtbick

WS-1090 issue after replacing batteries
« on: November 18, 2014, 02:45:35 PM »
My WS 1090 has gone for about 6 months past the 1 year point before the batteries died.  We were travelling and when we returned the batteries had died.

So I replaced them and reset the console configuration.  Everything worked except indoor temp is stuck at 90 F and the pressure was showing 1650  That's right 1,650!

Tried pulling the batteries and letting it sit for a bit and then reinstalled the batteries, same thing.

I downloaded a program from Ambient to reset the 1090 to factory defaults and that seems to have changed the pressure, it now reads 48.x instead of 1650 but no joy with the indoor temp.  No it is NOT near a heat source and the temp is NOT 90 degrees in the house:)

Has anyone else encountered this problem before and if so were you able to recover the console?

When I contacted Ambient support they indicated that the console is likely toast but before I buy a replacement I'd like to make sure that I've exhausted all my options to try and revive it.

I've see a couple of other topics related to very high indoor readings but they were different than what I'm experiencing.

Thanks,
Burt

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: WS-1090 issue after replacing batteries
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2014, 05:50:05 PM »
Not the same model but have you tried what some other folks tried here with similar symptoms, the "up arrow for 30 secs"?

Offline burtbick

Re: WS-1090 issue after replacing batteries
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 06:14:39 PM »
Thanks,

I'll try that to see if it does anything on the WS-1090 but I suspect that it won't.

I used the Windoze app that Ambient provides that is supposed to reset the WS-1090 to factory defaults which sounds like it would do the same thing that the up arrow does on that other model but no real joy there although the pressure went from 1650.x to 48.x, still problematic but a definite change.

I may try the whole reset again tomorrow using the application and keeping power removed long enough to that everything really gets cleared out and see what happens.

Burt