Author Topic: Software rewrite?  (Read 4276 times)

Offline everseeker

Software rewrite?
« on: June 17, 2008, 03:27:27 PM »
The HeavyWeather software is QUITE old... looks like the thing has been in Beta since 2002(!)
Does anyone have access to the source?
Failing that, anyone have source for a different product that can interact with my Lacrosse 2315?
Failing that, anyone know what the communication protocol is between heavyweather & the weather station?
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 08:25:29 PM by everseeker »

Offline wuhu_software

• Forecaster
    • WUHU Software Yahoo Group
Re: Software rewrite?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 08:34:02 PM »
The HeavyWeather software is QUITE old... looks like the thing has been in Beta since 2002(!)
Does anyone have access to the source?
Failing that, anyone have source for a different product that can interact with my Lacrosse 2315?
Failing that, anyone know what the communication protocol is between heavyweather & the weather station?

From what I have heard, a German outfit wrote the software for La Crosse. Source is not available.

WUHU can communicate with the station:

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wuhu_software_group/

You can also dig in to the open2300 open source project if you are interested in writing your own code. The source is in C.

There are several other commerical apps that can talk to the La Crosse units like Weather Display and Virtual Weather Station.

Offline ALITTLEweird1

• Mark
  • Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • North Bend Weather
Re: Software rewrite?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:54:01 AM »
Ive been using WD since about February and havent had any major probs with it. Most probs ive had are from the settings i had in the software.
"Nature can do without man, but man cannot do without nature."

Software: WeatherDisplay
Hardware: Davis VP2 + VP2 Solar + VP2 UV + Lightning Detector + Logitech Webcam + Soil temp + Soil Moisture