Author Topic: Two stations to one MyAcurite Account  (Read 687 times)

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Two stations to one MyAcurite Account
« on: February 15, 2018, 09:37:36 AM »
I've got two 5 in 1 stations about 125 miles apart. When I set these up back in August/September, there wasn't an option on MyAcurite to have two stations on one account, so I set up two MyAcurite accounts as a work around. Now, you are able to set up multiple stations on one account. However, when I talked to Acurite over the phone (regarding another issue), the rep cautioned that closing down one account could cause a 30 day lag with WU reporting.

Anyone have experience in merging two 5-1 ones to one account? What's driving this is the new Alexa skill integration. I can only link one account and have Alexa give me the conditions for that station.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Two stations to one MyAcurite Account
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 10:57:24 AM »
I've got two 5 in 1 stations about 125 miles apart. When I set these up back in August/September, there wasn't an option on MyAcurite to have two stations on one account, so I set up two MyAcurite accounts as a work around. Now, you are able to set up multiple stations on one account. However, when I talked to Acurite over the phone (regarding another issue), the rep cautioned that closing down one account could cause a 30 day lag with WU reporting.

Anyone have experience in merging two 5-1 ones to one account? What's driving this is the new Alexa skill integration. I can only link one account and have Alexa give me the conditions for that station.

I've no idea what a "30 day lag with WU" could possibly mean.

I merged my Nebraska and Texas locations without any problem.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 11:52:39 AM »
I appreciate it George! Did you just add the other sensor to your main account?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 12:06:27 PM »
I appreciate it George! Did you just add the other sensor to your main account?

If I remember correctly, I had to remove the SmartHUB from one account first.  I then waited about a half-hour to let their databases update.

Then I entered that SmartHUB on my main account.  After that, it was just a matter of configuring the sensors and entering wunderground account info.

The reason for the remove/wait/add is because myAcurite won't let a SmartHUB be controlled by two accounts at the same time.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 08:22:03 AM »
Thanks George. I'll give that a try and report back.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

anything