Author Topic: AcuRite Bridge and MeteoBridge  (Read 1380 times)

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
AcuRite Bridge and MeteoBridge
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:09:23 PM »
So I'm looking into getting MeteoBridge. I have two acurite sensors at my house. Will MeteoBridge be able to work with two sensors going into the bridge or will data get messed up? I don't need both to upload just one :D

Thanks in advance!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: AcuRite Bridge and MeteoBridge
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
I had a tower sensor and 5-in-1 reporting to MBW through The Acu-Rite bridge passing through MeteoBridge.  After several MBW outages just as interesting weather was approaching the northeast, I fell back and am now using an Acu-Rite 1035 console via USB to feed MeteoBridge.

If MeteoBridge can't sniff MBW traffic (because it is down or has DNS resolving issues), it cannot read your sensors to upload their data.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 11:50:45 AM »
Meteobridge is reading an Acurite 5-1 and 2 tower sensors  just finr for me.  MBYW sometimes goes offline, but I always have access to the data on the MB if needed.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline AjaxKnights29

• Senior Contributor
    • Ajax Weather
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 09:54:39 PM »
Meteobridge is reading an Acurite 5-1 and 2 tower sensors  just finr for me.  MBYW sometimes goes offline, but I always have access to the data on the MB if needed.
Are you able to choose which data gets uploaded to an alternative source such as wunderground or CWOP?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 11:31:56 PM »
You can choose which sensors are sent to the websites but remember that each site has restrictions.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

anything