Author Topic: WL & CWOP & WU Beta fix  (Read 38136 times)

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: WL & CWOP & WU Beta fix
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2011, 10:13:09 PM »
Well I have been using WL 5.93 until Tuesday when my Win XP weather server died of hard drive failure.  The Win Vista (not my first, second or third choice but what I had laying around) replacement is using 5.9.3 and has been running flawlessly... FWIW

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
That's same with timeouts?

If so, you should report these results to Davis - they imply that 5.9.2a_beta is using a more generous timeout setting than the latest production version.

Yes, the same with timeouts.  But interestingly enough, I am now seeing the large gaps (and "error finding aprs host") with 592a_beta and they are getting bigger and bigger.  It looks like only about a dozen packets have made it to aprs in the last 24 (should be about 144) to cwop 1, 2 and 3.  Another thread has started in the cwop forum by people recently noticing large gaps in their cwop data.  I posted several tracert's to that thread in case it may be useful there.

It may not be a 5.9.3 problem afterall, but it is inconsistent enough to mess with my troubleshooting. 

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2011, 09:38:16 AM »
...  And 5.9.3 was working fine for a while and then stopped being able to connect to CWOP - so I doubt that rolling back the WeatherLink version will fix it - although if it suddenly starts working, you might assume that.

:-)

The symptoms look to me like a "connectivity" issue somewhere between your house and the servers.

At least you now have other folks having similar problems.  And it's apparently only specific routings.

Offline xykotik

• DonkeyTailWX DW6891
  • Forecaster
  • I'll deal with it tomorrow
    • DonkeyTail Weather
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2011, 10:06:33 AM »
I saw your updated reply, so here is mine...

Since patching my USB issues, I have been running quite smoothly all around.  I go into the log and see once-in-a-while where it couldn't connect to the aprs server, but WL doesn't freeze or puke.  Eventually (usually within 2-3 upload attempts at most) it will find a server that works, and accepts my data.  I'm sticking with 5.9.2a-beta for now.

Facit solem suum oriri super bonos et malos et pluit super iustos et iniustos.

Springtime in Seattle...  March comes in like a lion and out like a wet lion.

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:48 AM »
After running WL 5.9.3 on a Vista dedicated server (flawlessly) I moved WL to my main PC Win 7 64 bit and it ran smoothly for quite some time then it started timing out my router on a daily basis (router would have to be reset to regain internet access).  I then went back to WL 5.9.2a and observed that it had upload outages but at least the router stayed up.  I will continue to monitor.

anything