Author Topic: Weatherlink update data  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
Weatherlink update data
« on: April 03, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Hello,

Is it possible to adjust the time in second when the weather data will be updated.
Of course at this time often the update will be done at the minute + 5 seconds and the data i receive are the data from minute - 1.
So if it will be possible to update the data all minute + 15 seconds so 10 second later, it will be the weather data from the minute m.

For example : On 20:29:05, i receive the data (temp, wind, humidity...) from 20:28 and on 20:29:15 the data from 20:29

Did you also have this issue ? Can we do something on that ?

Thanks for your great help

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Weatherlink update data
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 02:46:51 PM »
Sorry, I don't really understand what you're asking, but the answer is likely to be no - you can't control the timing.

But is this local Weatherlink for Windows you're asking about? Is it archive data maybe at a 1-minute interval or the real-time/loop data? More details would be helpful in understanding the question.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 03:54:35 PM »
ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals. There's no (current) way to synchronize them.
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2018, 04:50:17 PM »
ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals. There's no (current) way to synchronize them.

As far as I know, the ISS has no idea of what date/time it is.  The ISS just sends measurements to the console, where the logger picks up the data at the logging interval (including the time-stamp of the data).

If software gets the most recent saved data at 20:29:05 - but the most recent data came in at 20:28, then reporting it as if the data came in at 20:29 would be a lie.

Of course, it would be possible to write software that receives the output from the ISS directly (eliminating the console and logger), and then immediately displays the data on the computer monitor. 

[That could be called firmware and console display]

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 07:16:20 AM »

As far as I know, the ISS has no idea of what date/time it is.  The ISS just sends measurements to the console, where the logger picks up the data at the logging interval (including the time-stamp of the data).

If software gets the most recent saved data at 20:29:05 - but the most recent data came in at 20:28, then reporting it as if the data came in at 20:29 would be a lie.

Of course, it would be possible to write software that receives the output from the ISS directly (eliminating the console and logger), and then immediately displays the data on the computer monitor. 

[That could be called firmware and console display]

Thanks for your answer

What do you mean about : ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals ??

So as i understood you have also this problem ? and there is no solution to solve them

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 08:53:52 AM »
So is there actually a problem here? Especially considering no data is sent or received every second anyway.

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2018, 11:36:16 AM »
So as i understood you have also this problem ? and there is no solution to solve them

In my opinion, it is not a problem. 

For example : On 20:29:05, i receive the data (temp, wind, humidity...) from 20:28 and on 20:29:15 the data from 20:29

On 20:29:05, i receive the data (temp, wind, humidity...) reporting the most recent available measurements which were made at 20:28 and

on 20:29:15 the data from the most recent available measurements which were made at 20:29

What do you mean about : ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals ??

Perhaps Old Tele man will explain what he meant by that.

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2018, 11:39:24 AM »
So is there actually a problem here? Especially considering no data is sent or received every second anyway.

I would like to know if the user of weatherlink have the same think or if it is an issue on my side...
And that would say i will always transmit data from the minute before on my website, so that is a little bit annoying for visitors...

Offline dalecoy

• Forecaster
    • Lee's Summit, MO
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2018, 11:55:11 AM »
Why are you worrying about data sync, when the time on your console is more than 2 minutes incorrect?  [2 minutes behind GMT]

When I looked at your site at 17h55, it was showing the time as 17h52.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 12:04:06 PM by dalecoy »

Offline Guillaume_67370

• Contributor
    • METEO OFFENHEIM
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2018, 12:13:42 PM »
Why are you worrying about data sync, when the time on your console is more than 2 minutes incorrect?  [2 minutes behind GMT]

When I looked at your site at 17h55, it was showing the time as 17h52.

I think 2-3 minutes is very long before i had only 1 minute maximum.

Do you think it can also be a problem with caching issue with my web server ??
See the gauge, more particulary the wind, http://www.meteo-offenheim.fr/instruments.php
data will be updated only every 20-22 seconds instead of 9 seconds before..

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »

In my opinion, it is not a problem. 

On 20:29:05, i receive the data (temp, wind, humidity...) reporting the most recent available measurements which were made at 20:28 and

on 20:29:15 the data from the most recent available measurements which were made at 20:29

Perhaps Old Tele man will explain what he meant by that.
The ISS operates from its own hardware "clock" timing, it does not have a oscillator-controlled Real Time Clock (RTC: TIME & DATE) chip as exists in the Console. Hardware clocking runs at a designed-in frequency without regard to any correlation to actual TIME & DATE timing.
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

anything