Author Topic: All of a sudden issue with realtime.txt not updating webpage (I think)  (Read 2732 times)

Offline dilly

Hi everyone,

I noticed today that it appears my webpage upload of realtime.txt data isnt updating.  Still seeing Dec 29 data on the webpage.

Using CumulusMX on a Rasp Pi3
website is particularlynastyweather.com

I can log into my ftp and upload files without issue so I am thinking it is something else maybe.  This same Cumulus setup has worked for a long time (up until 29DEC17 that is).

when I look at particularynastyweather.com/realtime.txt I am seeing the 29DEC data.  Any ideas? 
Do you think it is an uploading issue or is Cumulus not generating a new updated realtime.txt file?
Or something else I am missing.

I have a number of .json files when looking at the server side via ftp that appear to have not been updated since on this same 29DEC17 date (dailytemp.json, sunhours.json, dailyrai.json, etc.).

Open to any ideas or paths to troubleshoot you might have.  Accessing the Cumulus GUI appears to work just fine and is showing updated current conditions.

Thanks so much!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 09:28:20 PM by dilly »

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: All of a sudden issue with realtime.txt not updating webpage (I think)
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 11:35:26 PM »
Looking at your wxStatus and that shows that all the dates and times are old so appears FTP is not working, and perhaps some setting errors - i.e, very old Weather data and NOAA report.

I don't run Cumulus MX but think, just like Cumulus 1, it does create the realtime.txt in your computer \Cumulus folder so you can check if that is currect.

The following is from the Cumulus How To Ask For Help http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2566 and Steve is still monitoring his forum and providing support.
If you are having a problem with getting data on to your web site, turn on the ftp logging (on the configuration menu) and look at the ftplog.txt and/or realtimeftplog.txt file (in the Cumulus installation folder). If the problem isn't obvious, attach the appropriate file to your post, and say what ftp settings you are using in Cumulus.

Good luck,
Paul

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: All of a sudden issue with realtime.txt not updating webpage (I think)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 11:39:40 AM »
I see you got your realtime.txt issue issue resolved.

However your wxstatus is still showing old for the other FTP, etc.

Enjoy,
Paul

anything