Author Topic: GHCC Sat  (Read 1887 times)

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
GHCC Sat
« on: July 21, 2016, 11:58:23 AM »
Would anyone still have an .exe installation file for the old freeware GHCCSat?   It was built by the same guy who built StormTracker (hurricane tracking software) and Nexrad3 years ago. You could build your own, auto updating tropical imagery from the Earth Science Imagery at http://weather.msfc.nasa.gov/GOES/

What I like most about it was you could easily make the animated images fullscreen. Nexrad3.com no longer exists but hoping someone still had that installation file.

Hardware:  Acurite Atlas with Lightning Detector
CoCoRaHs Station: LA-TG-11

NWS's Ponchatoula/Hammond Area's COOP Member
President | Director of Operations - StormCast

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
Re: GHCC Sat
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 08:51:59 PM »
I may have it.
I had all his software so I should be able to find it.
By the way do you still have a copy of Nexrad3? I do but I can't get it to work anymore. I think the internal links changed and no data can be downloaded.
He still has a website of sorts. I was trying to contact him via the ip address of the site but wasn't successful.
http://nexrad3software.net/
The blues had a baby and they named it Rock & Roll

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2016, 09:18:42 PM »
I may have it.
I had all his software so I should be able to find it.
By the way do you still have a copy of Nexrad3? I do but I can't get it to work anymore. I think the internal links changed and no data can be downloaded.
He still has a website of sorts. I was trying to contact him via the ip address of the site but wasn't successful.
http://nexrad3software.net/

That would be outstanding if you did have it.  No, unfortunately I do not have Nexrad 3.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 05:08:38 PM »
Sorry don't have it. I do have the file but not the installation file. For the life of me I don't know where it could have went. I remember using it about a year ago but it wasn't working to well.
I got a new PC about a year ago and it may have not made it on to the new one. Which is strange because I have some of it. I'll keep looking but I don't think it's here any more.

Offline skysummit

• Forecaster
    • StormCast
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2016, 05:11:55 PM »
Sorry don't have it. I do have the file but not the installation file. For the life of me I don't know where it could have went. I remember using it about a year ago but it wasn't working to well.
I got a new PC about a year ago and it may have not made it on to the new one. Which is strange because I have some of it. I'll keep looking but I don't think it's here any more.

I can't remember if there actually was an install file. Would you mind zipping the program folder and sub folders  ? I'll message you my address.

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2016, 05:54:11 PM »
Sure go ahead send it but I can't get any of the files to open. Most say they are missing other files. Maybe you'll have better luck.