Author Topic: MRLevel3 Users?  (Read 2152 times)

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
MRLevel3 Users?
« on: March 28, 2016, 05:41:38 PM »
Does anyone here use MRLevel 3? I'm contemplating purchasing it since I have a new Windows phone, but I wanted to hear some user feedback before doing so (Information online is fairly limited outside of the user guide). $30 seems pretty reasonable to me.
Joe Fitzwater
Chief Meteorologist for WVNS-TV 59 in Beckley, WV

Work Page on Facebook -> www.facebook.com/meteojoe
Work Page on Twitter -> https://twitter.com/meteojoe
Waterfalls -> www.wvfalls.com

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: MRLevel3 Users?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 08:23:07 PM »
Judging from the reviews of all his other software I would venture to say it's probably pretty good. $30 is kind of pricey though.
If you do get it post a review.

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2016, 08:37:25 PM »
Planning on purchasing it. Looks like it could be worth the price. I've read the reviews of the Windows store, and they are positive.
Joe Fitzwater

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:01 AM »
Overall, this is probably the best app I have owned. It is very easy to use once you read the user guide, and is still quite customizable. Perhaps my only complaint for the entire app is that you cannot change the color of the watches and warnings - I have always thought severe thunderstorm warnings should be yellow. Anyways, if someone is looking for a REALLY nice radar app, this one should serve you well. The program has BR, BV, SRV, BR248, ZDR, CC, KDP, HCA, CR, ET, VIL, HHC, OHP, STP, DOD, and DSD, so the dual-polarization is a really nice add-on. Many of these are also available in different tilts up to 3.5 degrees just like in GRLevel3.

Probably my favorite feature of this app is the animation. It loads very quickly, and does not use much of my data. Each radar image varies of course, but I feel like the average is somewhere around 250kb, so it doesn't use a lot of data. I am running this app on my Lumia 640 LTE with only 1gb of RAM, and it is working with no glitches or problems whatsoever.

A couple of other really nice features is the ability to have two panes of radar viewing to where two different products can be loaded at once, just like in GRLevel3. Also, I really like that you can still add your own color tables into the problem like in GR. If you have an Allisonhouse account, you can connect your account to it (I cannot afford that), which seems awesome as well.

You can zoom in as close as you want on the map with no problem, GPS your phone to your location for the nearest radar to you, and by simply double-tapping one of the SCIT icons (Like hail), you can quickly and easily view storm attributes. There are only two main menus, and both work flawlessly.

Overall, I am quite impressed with the app, and am very glad I made this purchase! Would be glad to answer any other questions anyone may have!  8-)
Joe Fitzwater

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »
Joseph that app I PM'd you about also has dual pane. Very cool feature.
How long are the animations? Also is there any access to SPC products?

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 08:25:20 AM »
I also use MRLevel3 and have for some time now. I really like it as well.

I am a bit surprised that it is for Windows Phone only and they haven't ported it to the iOS and Android, but since I have one that's OK by me.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 10:29:40 AM »
Joseph that app I PM'd you about also has dual pane. Very cool feature.
How long are the animations? Also is there any access to SPC products?

I WISH I could have that app - Unfortunately, it appears to not be available in the Windows store  :-( There is no access to SPC products, but the storm attribute data makes up for it in my opinion (Especially when I can just browse the SPC's page on my phone easily). The animations go up to 10 frames, and I will emphasize that the animation is VERY smooth. Like I said, I only have a 1gb RAM phone, and it runs it without a problem.

I am a bit surprised that it is for Windows Phone only and they haven't ported it to the iOS and Android, but since I have one that's OK by me.

I am too. I guess maybe he didn't want to compete against Radarscope? Mike is pretty defiant about not going to iOS or Android, as said at the post below from recent. Like you say though Greg, doesn't bother me a bit.  8-)

http://grlevelx.com/owners/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=9055
Joe Fitzwater

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2016, 07:02:23 PM »
Never have owned a Windows phone but judging from the track record of the other GR products I'd wager it's an excellent product.
Being I have Android I've got Pykle 3 and I really like it's operation as well. Very easy to customize has access to SPC and US radar. With the new version being worked on I think Joe is making it even better.

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline Farmtalk

• Fitzweather
  • Forecaster
    • WV Waterfalls
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 08:39:33 PM »
Never have owned a Windows phone but judging from the track record of the other GR products I'd wager it's an excellent product.
Being I have Android I've got Pykle 3 and I really like it's operation as well. Very easy to customize has access to SPC and US radar. With the new version being worked on I think Joe is making it even better.

I have also heard good things about that app, though I have never used it. It has a google maps background I think (?). And no doubt, MRLevel 3 has been a wonderful addition to my storm tracking arsenal.  8-)
Joe Fitzwater

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 09:19:05 PM »
Hey Wayne hows it going.
Pykle user here also. Patiently waiting for the new version. Seems like it's taking a long time. :-(

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2016, 10:28:19 PM »
Hey man!  How in the world are you LOL!!

Been a while since we spoke.  I just got a note from Joe that he's about ready to roll out a new version soon to beta testing.
Sounds like it's going to be improved very much with lots of new additions. Can't wait to see what they are!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

anything