Author Topic: AcuRite Access??  (Read 25479 times)

Offline theslydog

Re: AcuRite Access??
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2018, 12:48:23 AM »
Well I see or what I don't see I should say is the old hub on the web site, looks like they completely removed it? must be no longer offering it, stopped sales? they do have a listing for the old hub but when I click on it the new access pops up.

https://www.acurite.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=hub

You can still buy the old smart hub on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/AcuRite-09150-smartHUB-Remote-Monitoring/dp/B00T5U1JRE

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2018, 09:11:11 AM »
Go with the access. It uploads faster than 36 secs.

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2018, 09:29:44 AM »

How useful is that for 5-in-1 owners when their unit only sends packets every 36 seconds?????  :-|
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2018, 09:30:01 AM »

That's because the Atlas has a shorter reporting interval.  I'm pretty sure the 5n1 will still rapid-fire to wunderground at 36 seconds as that's how long it takes to get a complete set of data from the sensor.

Someone might have to test that to confirm, but it's a pain as you can only have one sensor reporting to wunderground per device (an Access or SmartHUB).

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2018, 09:40:56 AM »
I changed sensors to 5n1 the other day, and it uploaded to Wunder at about 20 secs.

Offline tnelson

« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2018, 12:06:15 PM »
Soooo... Does anyone else think the end date (March 31, 2018) of $90 discount on any package that contains an Access indicates when the Atlas line becomes available? I can't imagine Acurite providing a $90 discount on a few of the Atlas offerings when it first becomes available.

Tom

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2018, 08:51:30 AM »
Anyone know when the e-mails went out? I signed up through the link posted here....nothing as of yet.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2018, 09:05:26 AM »
Anyone know when the e-mails went out? I signed up through the link posted here....nothing as of yet.

Wednesday afternoon.  You might want to check your SPAM folder just in case.

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2018, 01:04:57 PM »

Wednesday afternoon.  You might want to check your SPAM folder just in case.

Thanks! I did and no luck. Maybe I'll sign up again. Does anyone have the link?
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2018, 03:34:52 PM »
Thanks! I did and no luck. Maybe I'll sign up again. Does anyone have the link?

The Upgrade Reservation period has ended. You can order your AcuRite Access today here
https://www.acurite.com/access-invitation

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #85 on: January 05, 2018, 04:47:57 PM »
This was posted over on the Acurite company forum by " AcuRite Rachell, Employee " about an hour ago:

Hello All,

If you currently have a smartHUB that is transmitting to My AcuRite and you did not receive an email please contact our AcuRite Loyalty Team at 262-203-5667. We will be open until 7PM CST today and 8AM-4PM tomorrow, Saturday to help with the busy overflow.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2018, 12:43:50 AM »
got my email and ordered mine on the 3rd. if this only handles 7 , does that mean the 5-1 takes 5 of those spots, and u only can add 2 more sensors. i notice the other day that my lighting detector no longer shows up on my acurite to add a device, but i know its working because i can see it on my monitor, also i was going to order a new one but there was a lot of stuff out of stock on there web site . when i called to check on my order i ask them when was the atlas coming out, the lady kind of huffed a little bit and said they still dont have a release date and when it comes out that it would be a 2 week pre order on there web site before it was released, guess she tired of getting ask the question lol

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2018, 12:46:45 AM »
got my email and ordered mine on the 3rd. if this only handles 7 , does that mean the 5-1 takes 5 of those spots, and u only can add 2 more sensors. i notice the other day that my lighting detector no longer shows up on my acurite to add a device, but i know its working because i can see it on my monitor, also i was going to order a new one but there was a lot of stuff out of stock on there web site . when i called to check on my order i ask them when was the atlas coming out, the lady kind of huffed a little bit and said they still dont have a release date and when it comes out that it would be a 2 week pre order on there web site before it was released, guess she tired of getting ask the question lol
No,

the 5n1 is 1 sensor, you'll have 6 more spots available.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline okieman98

• Contributor
  • new and learning
« Reply #88 on: January 06, 2018, 12:56:20 AM »
ok that is good then i am ok  thanks

PWS ID HEALDTON

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #89 on: January 06, 2018, 01:01:04 AM »
There so jammed up with orders right now getting anything quick is going to be hard to do, I'm not ordering my new Access for a month or so let the dust settle some plus my old hub is still working great!  :grin: 
KMIBADAX38

Offline tmoosetrax

« Reply #90 on: January 06, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »
Daman thats not really true I ordered the other night and called the next morning to try to change my order and the Unit was already packed and placed for delivery. Unit is already in Transit to me.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2018, 09:44:01 AM »
Daman thats not really true I ordered the other night and called the next morning to try to change my order and the Unit was already packed and placed for delivery. Unit is already in Transit to me.
Great maybe things picked up some from what I been reading.
KMIBADAX38

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #92 on: January 06, 2018, 10:05:47 AM »
Thank you for the link and posting the info on customer support/phone number!  =D>
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline Weatherdude24

« Reply #93 on: January 07, 2018, 07:03:55 PM »
Man I wonder if they will let me return my smartHUB I just got last week for a access?

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #94 on: January 07, 2018, 07:12:32 PM »
Contact them see what they say.
KMIBADAX38

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #95 on: January 07, 2018, 07:56:29 PM »
I suspect they will offer to make an exchange for a fair price if you approach them in a reasonable manner. I personally would have little respect for a company that didn't offer to help someone in your situation, and I will be surprised if they don't make it right with you. Please let us know, as I am still waiting until the Atlas products are available before I decide what to purchase for my first weather station. How Acurite treats you will be a factor in my decision of what to buy.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:01:28 PM by alanb »

Offline Weatherdude24

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2018, 08:02:04 PM »
I suspect they will offer to make an exchange if you approach them in a reasonable manner. I personally would have little respect for a company that didn't offer to help someone in your situation, and I will be surprised if they don't make it right with you. Please let us know, as I am still waiting until the Atlas products are available before I decide what to purchase for my first weather station. How Acurite treats you will make a difference in my decision of what to buy.

Yeah I order the 5 and 1 package with the HD display they had for xmas deal. I just hope they don't want me return the whole package

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #97 on: January 07, 2018, 08:10:17 PM »
You do need to understand that you purchased a discontinued product at closeout prices. But it seems to me that Acurite could offer a similar deal to you that they have to their other customers for discount pricing to replace the Smarthub with Access. I will be interested to hear what they will do for you.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:12:53 PM by alanb »

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2018, 04:21:40 PM »
I called Acurite today and was able to get through to customer service.  She mentioned that due to the number of responses, they were sending out another batch of e-mails for those that signed up for the deal on the Access. The rep then looked up my account and confirmed I have two hubs. I was able to complete the order over the phone. Just a tick under $80 for two and shipped for free. Beats paying $120+ each! That's quite a savings.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2018, 04:47:42 PM »
Sounds like Acurite is taking the "high road" on this in supporting their customers ... good to know.