Author Topic: A Pink... Martian Atmosphere Moment....  (Read 522 times)

Offline GregJ

• Forecaster
    • http://www.SkunkBayWeather.com
A Pink... Martian Atmosphere Moment....
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:20:41 AM »
First... My thoughts a prayers to all the families that have had their lives changed forever due to this incredible tornado "barrage" that just won't go away.  It really is the most important topic of the day....

But, I thought I would share this.  A couple of days ago we had the most incredible weather and sunset.  Massive convergence zones with a lot of instability (for us).  At sunset we had one more CZ roll through and then the sun went under the clouds when there was still enough moisture in the air and it created a surreal scene.  For the record.... My cams do not have filters and this has not been photoshopped.  We were literally inside a rainbow.  So... Here is an image and a link to a time lapse that shows how it all happened.

Here is the time lapse: 

Everybody was talking about this the next day.  In 37 years living here I have seen some interesting sunset, but I think this one is at the top of the short list....

Thought I'd share,
Greg

Davis VP2 with VWS

"Everybody talks about the weather, but nobody does anything about it." -- Mark Twain

Offline Randall Kayfes

• Weather - Photography - Astronomy - Computer Admin
  • Forecaster
    • Arizona Kaymann
Re: A Pink... Martian Atmosphere Moment....
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 10:18:00 AM »
Greg,

First, thank you for your concern for others in tornado alley.

Our strong winds have kicked up a lot of particulates and your pictures looked at like what we have been staring at.
Your photo is perfect and your video is spectacular.  I have only one memory of anything similar and it was in Oregon.
Your video brought captured it wonderfully.

Thank you for your time and consideration in your editing posting and reposting!

Randall