Author Topic: Weather station in Bloomington, Il  (Read 6321 times)

Offline Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
Weather station in Bloomington, Il
« on: June 29, 2009, 05:40:11 PM »
ISS on old garage

Computers - The tower is for general stuff, web page work and will host a Boltek, the middle desktop is the weather station and the left hand one is for web cams

Web cam and weather radio

Offline Axelvold

• Forecaster
    • Axelvold's weather and photo
Re: Weather station in Bloomington, Il
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 05:46:03 PM »
That is heaven, looks very nice
Lars Magnusson
Axelvold / Sweden
55° 57' 41" N / 13° 6' 1" E
WX Station: Davis Vantage Pro2 Plus

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »
Thanks ! These are Dell GX 620's I got off eBay for about $175 ea. They are all wireless N back to the router. The printer is even wireless. Eventually, when I finish some remodeling in the basement I will be moving the station and the tower down there and the web cam PC will go in the dining room or living room. I will handle everything through Remote Desktop so I won't need all the LCD's. Still working on the Kodak wireless photoframe so I can have wall display of conditions. The ISS will be going higher this weekend and then after I paint trim on the house, the ISS will go up on one of the eaves.

Offline lddaly

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »
With your existing setup, you can reduce the number of keyboards and mice you are using with a product like Input Director: http://www.inputdirector.com/index.html (if you are all Windows) or Synergy: http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/ (if you run multiple OS's). I have used both free products with great success.

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »
Cool. I will have to try it. A friend suggested a KVM but having to flip a switch to see one screen and then flip it back to do editing and then flip it again....not worth it. The weather computer is running duals so I can have VWS on one and WL on the other. The tower runs one monitor and the future web cam computer runs one. All can have duals on them.

Offline SteveFitz1

• Forecaster
    • Tyler Texas Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 04:24:22 PM »
Not all KVMs require you to "flip a switch". On the ones I've owned, it's simply a combination of keystrokes that you specify to take you from one system to the next.

Steve

Offline Garth Bock

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 05:51:47 PM »
Yeah but I meant its easier to have one screen up on the station and one on the web software side. When editing its easier to not have to toggle make a change, toggle back make a change...oh wait I forgot....toggle back...etc....or any other app. One up on one screen and another up on another.

Offline MesquiteWx

• Forecaster
    • Mesquite Weather
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 06:43:55 PM »
They make KVM just for your mouse and keyboard where you can have all your monitors up and operate all computers with one mouse and keyboard. I just use RDP and Networking to from my laptop to work between my 3 desktop PC's.