Weather Related Organizations > WeatherUnderground

WU Favorites

(1/3) > >>

captgadget:
I used to save a favorite in WU and anytime I wanted to see the weather I could click it and it would open on the right PWS. Now when I click on a PWS it no longer opens the one I saved as a favorite. What went wrong?

jackman:
That's another WU feature that's been mostly broken and ignored for a long time. I don't expect it to ever get fixed. 

galfert:
WU will fix it. They know about it. It is on their To-Do-List.

https://trello.com/c/zsmreygX/20-fix-for-user-preferences-eg-favorites

WSWeather:

--- Quote from: galfert on August 06, 2018, 12:31:37 PM ---WU will fix it. They know about it. It is on their To-Do-List.

https://trello.com/c/zsmreygX/20-fix-for-user-preferences-eg-favorites

--- End quote ---

Funny stuff.  This has been broken for almost a year.  They tried to "fix" it twice and made it even worse.  I am convinced they have no idea how it even works since the degree of broken varies with different computers running the same OS and browsers.  For example, my laptop has the correct PWS favorites at the top of the page and even manages to not change to some random nearby station between page loads.  One of my desktops which runs the same version of Windows 10 and the same browser  (Firefox, but it happens with any browser) and is logged into the same WU account has...42 of the same "favorite" and they cannot be deleted.  This is happening on their back end systems somewhere because I have cleared everything that can possibly cleared and it will be OK until a fetch to my user data is made and then they all come rushing back.

Considering that IBM can't be bothered to commit proper resources to fixing the site I don't expect it to ever work right.

ConligWX:
It would appear there is a handful (if even that many) of staff left to run WUnderground site now. Emails don't even get replied, functionality broken.

I just wonder how on earth IBM think this is progress.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version