Author Topic: Your opinions please  (Read 6972 times)

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
    • Mackie's Main Street, Unionville, ON Canada Weather
Re: Your opinions please
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2011, 02:54:08 PM »
Judge's response
"Where did you go to school?  California?  We do not entertain frivolous law suits here in Canada.  I will cite the reasonable person standard, and dismiss the case without prejudice.  The plaintiff is to pay all court and legal costs of the defendant.  And I find you in contempt of the court, you will refer to me as Mr Justice, or Your Worship"

"Your Honor, my client had good reason to believe the data was valid and as a result of this bad data the house exploded".

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2011, 03:23:45 PM »
And I find you in contempt of the court, you will refer to me as Mr Justice, or Your Worship
So funny :lol:, while waiting at the garage this morning for my car's oil change I was reading a book in the waiting room and it had that exact quote by the judge, but referring to a young wippy a!! defendent's comment to the court and the Judge said that'll be 20 dollars or 20 days... 

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2011, 05:26:32 PM »
Judge's response
"Where did you go to school?  California?  We do not entertain frivolous law suits here in Canada.  I will cite the reasonable person standard, and dismiss the case without prejudice.  The plaintiff is to pay all court and legal costs of the defendant.  And I find you in contempt of the court, you will refer to me as Mr Justice, or Your Worship"

"Your Honor, my client had good reason to believe the data was valid and as a result of this bad data the house exploded".

I take it you are not involved in any way with the legal profession and lawsuits, right?  And "your Worship" is for mayors.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2011, 06:31:43 PM »
Thankfully not one bit. "Your Worship" is a classical salutation for judges in Commonwealth countries, only recently has "Your Honour" been used, and only because its drilled into us in movies, and tv.  Your Worship is still used, but mostly for Justices of the Peace and magistrates, and apparently Mayors.

My post was tongue in cheek to your Americanized view of this issue (no offence to our southern neighboUrs, but you are far more litigious than us), hence the California comment... and to top it off "honor" for you, me and weathergirl has a 'U' in it....

Andrew

I take it you are not involved in any way with the legal profession and lawsuits, right?  And "your Worship" is for mayors.

Andrew - Davis VP2+ 6163, serial weatherlink, wireless anemometer, running Weather Display.  Boltek PCI Stormtracker, Astrogenic Nexstorm, Strikestar - UNI, CWOP CW8618, GrLevel3, (Station 2 OS WMR968, VWS 13.01p09), Windows 7-64

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 12:24:16 AM »
 Be glad to ship them some wolves and  grizzly that are  feeding on the moose population here. Would  5000 of each due.

John

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 12:25:58 AM »
I do not think wolves and grizzlies will eat lawyers.   =D>

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2011, 12:28:53 AM »

=D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/ =D> \:D/
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2011, 04:43:39 AM »
 Darn was hoping that they could get weaned from moose meat and chew  an lawyer or two. Even sharks reject them and toss back aboard.

John

Offline mackbig

• Forecaster
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2011, 07:34:12 AM »
You win, Bushman, we do have lawsuits... :lol: but at least this one meets key factors in determining true validity.  Reasonable person rule violated... Negligence could be argued under the Hand Rule, probability of something bad occurring, seriousness of said bad thing, and adequate measures not taken.   The lawyer could argue that the gov't knew the population was "too high" and that overcrowding will put more Moose on the roadways, moose vs car no winner usually, and that population control could have mitigated...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/01/11/q-a-newfoundland-lawyer-files-moose-collision-lawsuit/   The defence rests.  :)

Online Garth Bock

• Table Rock Lake Weather
  • Forecaster
« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2011, 12:23:30 PM »

A cruise ship full of lawyers sank and none of them got eaten by sharks...why ?......professional courtesy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

anything