Author Topic: Meteoshield Sensor  (Read 883 times)

Offline safuser

Meteoshield Sensor
« on: August 14, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
I just received Meteoshield Pro and am looking for opinions on mounting a sensor in it for a home brew station.  Planning on installing a SHT35-D with RP2 Filter cap in it.

Basically sanding down one end of a 4" long 1/2" PVC pipe so it will fit in the base of the meteoshield.  This will get the top of the PVC about 3" up in the shield. Then intend to mount the SHT35 to that with wires run down the PVC and out the bottom.  I also have an extra mesh shield from a Davis Temp/Humidity sensor to mount on top of the SHT35.  Is using both the RP2 Shield and the Davis Mesh overkill?  Any issues with mounting the SHT35 facing up, or should it be mounted facing down?

Thanks.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Meteoshield Sensor
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 02:08:43 PM »
I took adapter to hardware store and found some small pipe that worked without sanding. 

How are you making the SHT35-D work it uses Digital I2C and Davis needs digital LS to communicate or maybe you aren't using a Davis console?
Randy

Offline safuser

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 02:13:16 PM »
Not using a Davis ISS directly.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 02:16:57 PM »
Not using a Davis ISS directly.

Please share sure many would be interested.
I had to mount the cutdown SHT31 on board vertically to fit inside the 44mm opening. In my case sensor side of board doesn't matter but if you had an option I would face sensor down catching the rising air.
Randy

Offline jgentry

• Forecaster
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Please let us know I’m about to use the 75 on mine unit.
Davis Vantage Pro2 & WeatherFlow Tempest. WU: KXALJEMI2, KALJEMIS7, KFLPANAM363 & KALTHORS2. CWOP/APRS: C6353 & E6358