Author Topic: New sensor/shield for weather station  (Read 5361 times)

Offline jgentry

• Forecaster
Re: New sensor/shield for weather station
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 09:39:36 AM »
Hi Jgentry,

I am not using Davis, I had it for few months borrowed from my friend, and to say it right, I was not very satisfied with it. Humidity difference in comparison to calibrated mirror sensor in average about 2.8% with peak of 4.5% after 2 rainy days. In addition, temperature shown by davis was everyday higher by 0.5-0.7°C than MeteoTemp with MeteoShield Professional.
MeteoTemp uses SHT25 in current version and will be released next year with another more precious and even more accurate sensor than SHT. In addition, it provides me with pressure and dew point/frost point, as well as option to anytime recalibrate the sensor in any accredited lab.

SHT itself is only good if you do further correlation, since they have a big variation in sensors at sensirions side, especially low and very high humidity causes issues and shows a quite big change in accuracy.

Since I am very satisfied with MeteoTemp in combination with MeteoShield, I am already waiting until Barani Design releases to market their Professional Micro-weather station : https://www.baranidesign.com/meteohelix-pro-weather-station/    I have contacted me with one of their test customers, who says it is the best price/quality product which will be on the market and who is using it as test device for more than 4 months already.

As last, so far I got information from Mr. Barani, they will be also releasing a MeteoShield Standard for enhancement of NetAtmo outdoor units in short time.

Thanks for the clarification. 25 would be a little bit better than the 75 in terms of specs.  You’re definitely right about what the high humidity does to the SHTs.  Think most of these sensors are more designed for indoor use. Keep us up to date on the Barani stations. I personally can’t afford them.
Davis Vantage Pro2 & WeatherFlow Tempest. WU: KXALJEMI2, KALJEMIS7, KFLPANAM363 & KALTHORS2. CWOP/APRS: C6353 & E6358

anything