Weather Station Hardware > Weather Station Pictures

New VP2 with FARS in Arizona

(1/3) > >>

AZweather:
I've had weather stations for years and finally decided to spend some money on a better unit. This forum has really helped me decide and best placement for installation. Thanks!

Weather Station on WU: https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KAZSCOTT418&cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

Here's the link to the pictures if they don't load for you. https://imgur.com/a/nPCyGCf

galfert:
Very nice. But what is your plan for servicing that anny? Is there a tilt bolt on the bottom for after removing the U brackets, zip ties and guy wires?

I see a sad Acurite 5 in 1 in one of the pictures.  :-P

AZweather:

--- Quote from: galfert on September 29, 2018, 02:55:12 PM ---Very nice. But what is your plan for servicing that anny? Is there a tilt bolt on the bottom for after removing the U brackets, zip ties and guy wires?

I see a sad Acurite 5 in 1 in one of the pictures.  :-P

--- End quote ---

I went as light as I could with the mast so I can handle myself and get above 30’. Used 1-3/8” fence top rail (3 - 10.5’ rails) and used 5’ sections of PVC to sleeve the connections to add rigidity. It’s very light and easy to manage on my own. I still need to add the pivot bolt at the bottom.

Fortunately, I have plenty of room so all I need to do is exactly what you said. Cut 3 ties, disconnect 2 guy wires, and take the clamps off. Shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.

As for the AcuRite, it’s still kicking and going to give it a new home. It’s been up in the Arizona heat/ sun for 3 years. At night, the measurements are pretty accurate, but during the heat of the day, it reads temps very high. It’s been a good unit.

PS - I’m a Florida native growing up in Miami and lived in Longwood (near you) for 7 years. I was there 2004 when the 3 hurricanes hit us

AZweather:

--- Quote from: ValentineWeather on September 29, 2018, 03:12:57 PM ---2nd that very nice... Love the desert around your house. Looks very rattlesnake infested however.   :lol:

--- End quote ---

Thanks, it is quite pretty out here. And yes, plenty of rattle snakes, scorpions, tarantulas, etc. I relocate at least a dozen rattle snakes a year off my property (including garage). They really aren’t that aggressive as long as you don’t step on it.  :shock:

CW2274:
Very nicely done! I'm in Tucson and wish my ISS was that accessible in the desert. If I may suggest, the temp/humidity wire from the radiation shield to the transmitter box is exposed too much allowing wind to move it about and rub against the shield possibly causing it to fray down the road. Doubtful it'll be a problem but no need borrowing trouble. I'd probably just pull the excess up under the rain bucket platform and cable tie it to one of the studs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version