Author Topic: Adding a WebCam - do I need to start over?  (Read 1541 times)

Offline Greg @ KOHXENIA22

• KOHXENIA22
Adding a WebCam - do I need to start over?
« on: February 16, 2017, 02:08:57 PM »
I was approved for a camera ID/Password on Wunderground before I got my camera... now that I have my camera working I cannot for the life of me get the images to show up on my wunderground PWS page.  Support does not respond to any of my requests for help.  The status says it's not active so I went in and saved the information again and it said images should appear in 2 weeks.  It could be that my FTP is not set up right but when I test it against ftp://webcam.wunderground.com/ the result is "success".  Should I just start over since the original camera ID was idle for so long? 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

Offline 92merc

• BismarckWeather.net
  • Forecaster
  • BismarckWeather.net
    • BismarckWeather.net
Re: Adding a WebCam - do I need to start over?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 04:55:36 PM »
You're probably going to have to wait.  Weather Underground is experiencing all kind of difficulties at the moment.  Some users aren't getting data reported.  NOAA radio is down.  Personally, my downloads of my almanac and local cities isn't working.

From what I've read, they've moved to some new Amazon web service and are having all kinds of issues.
https://www.BismarckWeather.net
Davis VP2, Cumulus, WeatherDisplay, Blitzortung, Saratoga Scripts, NOAA Stream via PI

• KOHXENIA22
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 07:45:33 PM »
I don't sense anyone else is having this issue seeing there are no other posts about it. 

I'm adding my FTP settings if anyone sees anything askew please point it out.  Thanks.... meanwhile 4 requests for help from Support all seem to just get ignored.. I don't get it.  I even tried adding a new camera... same result. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Daniel5715

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:45:52 AM »
Don't feel bad. I'm having the same issue. My camera FTP states success when sending and the file size runs about 30K. I've attempted to contact Wx Underground via 2 different emails over the last week with exactly no response. Maybe they are having issues...

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 02:09:56 PM »
I don't sense anyone else is having this issue seeing there are no other posts about it. 

I'm adding my FTP settings if anyone sees anything askew please point it out.  Thanks.... meanwhile 4 requests for help from Support all seem to just get ignored.. I don't get it.  I even tried adding a new camera... same result. 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Change the ftp address to 52.37.52.183 and un-click set filename.

Make sure camera image size meets criteria also.

Also FTP mode should be passive if option is there.
Randy

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 02:10:23 PM »
Getting any response from WU support may take a week or longer. I sent them a question a couple weeks ago and it took them 10 days to answer. So, you may get an answer but not a timely one...  :(
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

• KOHXENIA22
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
Thanks... I was able to finally resolve the issue.  Found an email address by browsing through some of the threads.  I received the most timely response by using support@ambientweather.com

Offline Stratocaster

• WU Station ID INEWPROV18
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 06:56:36 AM »
Greg - how was Ambient Weather able to solve the issue? I am having the exact same problem. VERY frustrating!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 06:59:27 AM by Stratocaster »
Mike
WU Station ID INEWPROV18
Nassau, Bahamas

• KOHXENIA22
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 08:00:11 PM »
Send an email to both of these addresses until someone replies: help@wunderground.com and support@wunderground.com.  For me, I had a wrong setting in my FTP schedule.   Good luck!

anything