Author Topic: WeatherLink Ip data  (Read 1283 times)

Offline desrae20

WeatherLink Ip data
« on: June 05, 2016, 06:17:05 AM »
Hi, this is my first post since purchasing a Vantage Pro 2 with WeatherLink IP.
I was wondering if my router is down for any reason is the data recorded over this down period lost or is it logged in the console and uploaded when the router is back on line.
Regards,
Des

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: WeatherLink Ip data
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
Welcome to the WxForum.

The data is stored in the logger that you plugged into your console, not the console itself. Whether you will lose data will depend on if the time period that it was offline exceeded the storage in the logger. This is a function of the "archive interval". Mine is set for 15 minutes.

I have a plug-in for the Weatherlink Software Program that I can upload my Wunderground data that was missed due to a power failure. I have used that successfully. I am not sure about the mechanics on how (or if) any archived data is uploaded to Weatherlink.com. Since there is no graphing on Weatherlink.com, it probably gets the history data stored from the logger. Anyone who knows for sure is free to comment or expand on this.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2016, 01:30:04 PM »
I am not sure about the mechanics on how (or if) any archived data is uploaded to Weatherlink.com. ....it probably gets the history data stored from the logger.

Archive data is uploaded hourly. If uploads are missed then in principle wl.com will catch up on the next available upload. 'In principle' because a router issue can stall the logger such that it may not be archiving new data, in which case a console reboot may be needed and wl.com will be unable to catch up since the relevant data is missing. Whether this does happen or not is down to the intricacies of exactly how the IP logger works and I've not seen it written up anywhere. Typically, sometimes you'll be lucky, other times you may not.

Since there is no graphing on Weatherlink.com

It wouldn't surprise me if an update to wl.com was announced at some point ;)
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2016, 01:36:49 PM »
I can attest to what JohnD states. My VP2/WL-IP was "down" for almost two days, but ALL of my wx data was still there when it came back, except for the two 5-minute intervals that the Console was "OFF" as it was being re-cycled.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 01:39:17 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

Offline desrae20

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 07:47:00 PM »
Thanks everyone, I was hopping this would be the case, as I believe in restarting the router occasionally to fix any glitches.
Wishing you all Good Weather,
13C and shower in South Australia
Des

anything